X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spence21
    • Nov 2017

Four month post chemo CT scan and thyroid results

So today I get my second set of scans. I’m nervous and excited. I hope and pray for good news next Tuesday at the consult, but if I have a relapse I’m mentally prepared for it. I just want to get it on and over with to defeat this. God willing as long as it’s not in my brain lol. Constantly worrying it is.

Yesterday I had a consult with my ENT on my thyroid. Scans in Nov/Dec picked up a 3.5cm nodule in my left thyroid with hyper vascular and calcium deposits all pointing towards cancer. A fine needle biopsy was performed which came back as atypical cell growth. So not cancer yet and still a Chan r it won’t be. 15-35% of atypical Dx come back as cancer. Yesterday’s report was good tho. The module has remained at 3.5cm since November which is good. The dr. doesn’t seem to overly concerned about it st the moment. I will go back in August, which is when I should be off blood thinners barring positive tests for clotting disorders, to see if I will do another FNA or go forward with removal of my left portion of my thyroid.

I’ll keep y’all posted on both. Prayers this TC is still gone since February, my first scan post chemo.
  • JoeTheAstronaut
    • Dec 2016

Hope you get the good news... I know, this is nerve wrecking! Good luck, man!!
    July 2016 - Left I/O
    December 2016 - BEPx3
    All clear for 2.5 years now + new baby!

Simplify Cancer: Man's Guide to Navigating the Everyday Reality of Cancer
    My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
    First Oncologist Visit Checklist
    Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Working...
    X