X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lung nodule, markers normal?

Well, I've been on surveillance since a year ago when I had a L I/O with my tumor markers being well within specification (all are at the low end). I did a CT scan yesterday and they called to say there is a lung Nodule on my right lung, so I need to do a CT of just my chest so they can get an idea of what it is. They are not worried about it, but need to see it better. My CT yesterday was only for my pelvis and abdomen, but my chest X-ray a few weeks ago showed nothing.

I've been staged at 1B non-seminoma with -Mixed germ cell tumor, composed of seminoma (50%), yolk sac tumor (25%),
    embryonal carcinoma (15%), and teratoma (10%)
    -Tumor invades tunica vaginalis (pT2) with inflammatory reaction extending to
    serosal surface
    Lymph-Vascular Invasion: Present

My assumption is, they will get an idea of the size and have me come back in a few months to make sure it hasn't grown as my tumor markers have been almost perfect sense surgery.

Or, they will want to start chemo soon? Has anyone had their TC spread to their lung with no tumor marker increase and/or no indication of a spread to the lymph nodes?
    DX 5/16/2017
    L I/O 5/16/2017
    AFP 51 HCG- always below 10 LDH- always below 200
    Primary tumor- PT2
    Staged at IB.

PET and CT scans showed possible lymph node enlargement and "hot" nodes but markers never increased.

All CT scans to current have not shown an increase in lymph node size.

8/16/2018- HCG and LDH All within normal range- AFP dropped further to 1.1.

Yes spread can happen without raised markers. If x-ray was clear a few weeks ago, I suppose another Ct of your chest will help clarify things. Hope it is not TC.
    Son Grant
    dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Lungs are tricky, it literally could be anything like crap you have inhaled to spread of TC. But i would not be to worried at this point. Get the CT of your lungs and go from there.
      To answer your question my markers were normal and had spots in my lungs. Then after HDC had spots in my lungs but the CT was done way to earlier so it was a false positive. Went back a month later still had the spot but it was not showing any sign of cancerous mass.
      So again lungs can be tricky
      Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
      Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
      Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
      Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
      April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
      May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
      August 7th 2012- BEP complete
      April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
      May 2013 RPLND
      Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
      Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
      Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
      Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
      Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
      Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
      Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
      Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

Markers are only useful when either positive or going down. If your tumor didn't produce markers before it was removed, a lack of markers now tells us very little. As eodtech said, lung nodules are common, many here have reported having them, but only rarely do they turn out to be TC. Don't worry about it at this point.

Dave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thanks for the input! My markers were elevated my AFP was around 8-9 and I think my HCG and LDH were low or dropping after removal. I still suspect it's nothing, but no scans have picked any up in that area previously. We will find out tomorrow.
          DX 5/16/2017
          L I/O 5/16/2017
          Primary tumor- PT2
          Staged at IB.

PET and CT scans showed possible lymph node enlargement and "hot" nodes but markers never increased.

Comment

Well, just found out that it is not a nodule on my lung but rather a 10x14 mm right lower hilar node. I'll be getting a call back tomorrow after she speaks with the Dr to see if I should get a PET or just keep monitoring it. I don't think 10x 14 mm is very big in the node world, but it's clearly big enough to get their attention.
            DX 5/16/2017
            L I/O 5/16/2017
            Primary tumor- PT2
            Staged at IB.

Comment

Working...
            X