Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevated Bilirubin experience, anyone?

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever dealt with an elevated indirect bilirubin level? It doesn't seem as if 4xBEP could cause such liver damage and thankfully my CT scan yesterday showed nothing abnormal in my liver. We're still monitoring masses in my left kidney, mediastinum and thyroid bed, but nothing has grown since chemotherapy stopped this past January. Currently only taking 125 mcg of synthroid.

1.9mg/dL was my first value this AM. I ate some food and got it retested where the value was 1.5mg/dL. Seems as if "within normal limits" peters off at 1.2mg/dL.

Dr. Feldman at MSK was not terribly concerned about the level and mentioned Gilbert Syndrome, but as you all know, our minds wander to much more drastic means when a lab value is out of whack. Throwing this out there to the community to see if anyone has a thought.

Jacob
    Right I/O 1/29/10, Teratoma (50%), Embroyonal Carcinoma (40%) and yolk sac
    RPLND - 4/5/10, Stage II
    Bowel Obstruction surgery post-RPLND - 4/26/10

That’s a very low bilirubin. If the AST and ALT are normal, intrinsic liver disease is unlikely. If the alkaline phosphatase is elevated, it could be your gallbladder, but honestly it’s such a low level most doctors would just monitor and not do much else.

Comment

I have no idea, but if Feldman is not too concerned, than just keep and eye on it with monitoring.
      Son Grant
      dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
      Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
      2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
      Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

My husband's indirect bilirubin levels started measuring higher about 5 months post chemo (he's now about 28 months post chemo). His values have ranged from 1.2 to 2. Our team at MDA says he has Gilbert's Syndrome and everything has been clear so far. He had Stage IIIb nonseminoma and also had 4 X BEP. Hope this info helps!

Comment

Working...
        X