Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swollen Lymph Node

BUONA SERA A TUTTI,

I hope you are all gearing up for a very great and eventful Fourth of July.

I have not posted in awhile, but I had a quick inquiry. My 6 Month post op appointment is July 29th. Today I came across a swollen lymph node in the neck- only that one that I can tell is palpable or abnormal and unilateral on the side of which I had the cancerous testicle.

I am sure it is nothing and I know these can get inflammation due to many many reasons- so my question is, at what point do you worry or bring this up to your doctor? Other than that the only thing abnormal is I’m having extreme fatigue issues which is very unlike me. Thank you all for being here and being you. Much love.
    Last edited by Louie C-Silva; 07-10-18, 09:27 PM.

Well its hard to say because i/we have zero background on you other than 6month check. Check up for what, i am assuming tc cancer. What type? What treatments? Markers etc.. Etc... Etc.. You gotta give us more in order to help. So lets assume you have/had tc regardless of cell type and or history that is something you need to let your oncologist? Urologist know about ASAP
    Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
    Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
    Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
    Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
    April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
    May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
    August 7th 2012- BEP complete
    April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
    May 2013 RPLND
    Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
    Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
    Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
    Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
    Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

Okay i had to go back and find your pervious postings. So its better to be prudent and inform your oncologist about your swollen/sore nodes in your neck. Do not put it off. Testing will need to be done, more than likely he/she will do an exam and order the tests you need. IE markers and if need be a CT or a biopsy of the nodes in question.
      Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
      Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
      Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
      Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
      April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
      May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
      August 7th 2012- BEP complete
      April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
      May 2013 RPLND
      Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
      Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
      Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
      Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
      Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
      Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
      Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
      Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

edotech2001,

Thank you for that information. I know it is hard to get the appropriate opinions and knowledge if you do not know the history of whom you are talking about, my apologies. I am going to try to figure out how to edit my profile. Again, thank you and have a great Fourth of July.

Comment

Also, mention the fatigue to your doc & ask for a t-level test. Some guys levels go low after an I/O.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

hi there,

I have the same problem, I am 20 months post chemo with 3 enlarged neck nodes (2 submandibular, bilateral and one posterior lower neck). Slightly firm, moveable, around 0.5-1 cm.

these haven't disappeared in 6 weeks so I am today calling my oncologist, my regular doctor thought these were reactive nodes so suggested I wait.

I also have sore throat so I try to keep reassuring myself this is just an infection. Not that it helps.

Do you have a diagnosis already?

all the best.

Comment

sanis,

I saw my doctor today. There’s two discovered enlarged nodes. One submandibular which is solid and mobile, but he is not worried about -Says it is common for those to be almost calcified from childhood illness.

One cervical lymph node that is fairly immobile- he is ordering an ultra sound to be done on Thursday! Again, he said he is not worried about this, but with the history- it would be routine to get an ultra sound just to be safe - especially since I have no signs of any illness. Hopefully, I can get results day of or Friday at the latest.

I hope all goes well when you visit your oncologist. I think the worst part of all of this is every time even the smallest things seems abnormal, you have the thought of cancer in your mind.

Comment

With the submandibular lymph node, did your physician mention anything about it possible being a salivary gland? I had one years ago that scared me but ended up being a clogged salivary gland. I wouldn't do anything until your tests but a dentist friend of mine felt it and said to suck on the lemon drops to clear it. Obviously, it could be something more as well but thought I would throw it out there.

Mike
                Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
                06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
                06.26.06 Left I/O
                06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
                06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
                Surveillance...
                Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
                6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Hello All,

Good news. Thanks for all the info. They did a Fine Needle Aspiration and it came back negative!

Think it’s time I stop being so on edge. Like I said, just always have to have the cancer in the back of my mind for even the smallest things.

Hope all is well for all of you.

Comment

Working...
                  X