X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just discharged from 2 x HDC and SCT

My husband was discharged yesterday at day +11 from his second round of high dose chemo and stem cell rescue. The process went from May 25th-July 6th with him being inpatient for 33 days total in that time.

He seems to be having some cardiac issues with the second cycle of HDC. His EKG is now abnormal (showing inferior-posterior infarct) although his cardiac enzymes were normal when tested. His EKG was normal day one of cycle 2. Also, the evening of the 4th of July he had a bad reaction to Dilaudid (hallucinations and panic attack) and ended up with an episode of super ventricular tachycardia. Needless to say, he is going to need cardiac follow up but we are not going down that road until after his next scan. Anyone else with cardiac issues during/ after transplant?

His other biggest issue right now is mucositis but that is on the mend at least.

We are now in my least favorite part of the process—scanxiety time. His 4 week post treatment scan will land around the 23rd of July although it’s bot scheduled yet. Praying that this worked. It’s been a hard road for him as well as me and our children.

4 weeks seems a little to soon. I emailed dr E when i finished hdc and he recommend no sooner than 6 weeks post hdc. So if at 4 weeks something looks odd or concerning on the scan i would hit Dr E up. Cause i had that happen and literally 6 weeks post hdc and it was a false positive.
    Now you get to go home and the biggest recommendation i can give you guys is for him not chill out and relax. Have him be a couch patotoe for a couple of months.
    And STAY away from people, he will have to get all his immunization shots all over again just like a new born. Take it slow slow slow and very easy. He needs to rebuild everything. His BM wont be fully revcovered for 7 to 8 months post HDC, and at 12 monthish is when they will probably start the immunizations.
    Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
    Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
    Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
    Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
    April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
    May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
    August 7th 2012- BEP complete
    April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
    May 2013 RPLND
    Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
    Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
    Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
    Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
    Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

Working...
    X