• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Louie C-Silva
    • Jan 2018

Low T -Doctors not helping- advice!

Hello all,

Today I got my T levels checked for the second time post orchiectomy. I am a few days over 6 months since the orchiectomy and today I got my results back showing low T once again. Yet, once again, the doctor wants to “wait it out.” Any opinions, advice?

Results as followed:

2/18: 206 valué on (221-716) scale

Today: 195 value on (221-716) scale

I have definitely noticed sever fatigued and lack of motivation. I am 25 and pretty active and athletic- and generally speaking, I have a good diet.

Thanks all,
  • Tarc79
    • Mar 2011

Might be worthwhile to wait out a bit more. Once you are on replacement, you are on it for good (most of the time). You are not super low. Do you have a good support system at home and around you?
    Jan '11 - Stage IIIc, Mets in lungs and liver, abdo 7*7, pulmonary embolism
    Right I/O AFP 13,000, bHCG 110, Scrotal Hematoma, IVC Filter
    4*BEP AFP 20 end of 4*BEP
    May '11 - RPLND @ Indiana U - inferior vena cava dissected, necrosis, AFP<5
    Surveillance (blood & X rays) and all clear for 24 months
    April '13 - AFP 26 , went up to 46 in a week, Negative CT Scan, Ultrasound and head MRI
    4xTIP - almost normal AFP, but started rising again
    2 x HDC with Autologous Stem Cell Transplant - AFP almost normal but started rising again
    Lost kidneys, damaged liver, chirhosis, ascites 2 liters per day, dialysis 3 times per week, disabled
    2 Lung Wedge Resections -

Comment

• JeskiM69
      • May 2014

I agree...try to wait it out a bit.

I say that for the same reason that Tarc mentions; if you go on, you may be stuck on it because the remaining guy may never come back online.

Typically the remaining guy will ramp up and start producing more to compensate for the missing guy. It takes a while, but eventually you get back to normal.

- Matt
      March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
      March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
      6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
      LDH never fully normalized
      Stage: IS
      Watchful Waiting
      May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
      May 12th: started 3xBEP
      Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
      July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
      August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
      September 4th: Port removed
      Jan 9th 2019: 4.5 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

• Louie C-Silva
        • Jan 2018

Ciao,

Thanks for that input, guys. I understand that for sure. I have been looking and researching the web and I know it varies, but how long does it usually take for the other testicle to put it in overdrive and make up the slack and when is it time to finally say, you know what, it’s not going to work and I need to get on some kind of hormonal therapy? Or at least worry that it may never pick up the slack and something will need to be done to improve the lifestyle around low T.

Thanks,

Comment

• eodtech2001
          • Feb 2012

I know when i lost my first 1 i was in a rut for a couple of months like 3 or 4 post surgery. But then i got deployed to afghanistan like 3 days after 9-11 and i went flat out for a year while i was in Afghanistan. So my body was in exercise mode from the get go and it kicked in be cause of the execrise.
          Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
          Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
          Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
          Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
          April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
          May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
          August 7th 2012- BEP complete
          April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
          May 2013 RPLND
          Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
          Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
          Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
          Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
          Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
          Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
          Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
          Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

• Louie C-Silva
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by eodtech2001 View Post
            I know when i lost my first 1 i was in a rut for a couple of months like 3 or 4 post surgery. But then i got deployed to afghanistan like 3 days after 9-11 and i went flat out for a year while i was in Afghanistan. So my body was in exercise mode from the get go and it kicked in be cause of the execrise.

First off, thank you for your service! I was hoping that getting back into the gym would too raise my T levels, but unfortunately, they still went down.

Next appointment is in 6 weeks.. will check again and maybe give it a year and see what happens!

Comment

• Davepet
              • Mar 2010

I'm going to disagree with the others.You should be closer to the top of the range at your age, not below the bottom. You are severely low and should be looking into TRT sooner rather than later. You have low T symptoms, as well as low test numbers, it's time to act.

Dave
              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• mcintoda
                • Nov 2016

I waited a year with low T based on docs advise to wait it out. In hindsight should have pushed harder earlier. Loss of fertility with TRT was a concern for me as I wasn’t sure if we were going to try for another kid.

If you don’t feel well and it’s impcting your life I’d act as soon as possible.
                Age 31 - Portland, OR
                01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
                13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
                27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
                06DEC16 - CT scan clear
                09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
                03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
                18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

• Louie C-Silva
                  • Jan 2018

Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your knowledge and advice. I’ve been doing a lot of researching and most people are saying their T levels started getting back to normal around the 3-4 months;Whereas, mine has dropped at the 6 month mark.

I and my close friends and family have definitely noticed a difference in my energy, motivation, moods. I’ve also already started to have minor, but noticeable gynecomastia. I have not yet checked my current fertility status and that is for sure to have in the back of my mind. I think if it has not increased at my next check up, then I will push for the TRT.

Again, thank you all. This community has been a great relief for me during this time. GAZIE MILLE

Comment

Working...
                  X