X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting and worrying

No specific diagnosis waiting on pathology of left testicle.

Wednesday (7/18) I had severe pain in my left testicle that later about an hour. The pain was gone before I could get to instacare. This occurred about four times over the next week. The following week (7/25) the pain was accompanied by swelling so I made an appointment for the next day (7/26) with my urologist.
    The urologist gave me a prescription for antibiotics and an immediate US. The radiologist sent me directly back to urologist where I was informed the swelling was a mass. I was scheduled for an orchiectomy two days later.
    After blood test showed an AFP of 523 I was convinced and went through with the surgery (7/28).

I am confused, scared, and uncertain as I wait for the results. Perhaps foolish I went back to work today (7/31) in order to have control something. It went well, and I haven't experienced any problems.

What should I expect next? What should I be asking? I am expecting the results by early next week could it be earlier?

Sorry to hear your news... Yes, uncertainty is the worst, but you should find out where you're at soon, so you can have an action plan. You should have autopsy results within a few days after surgery to determine what's inside and you should also have gone CT scans to check if it's spread any further. Ask your urologist about it ASAP if he/she hasn't referred you yet! In any case, you should be fine, but it's better to ask more questions and find out as much as you can about your immediate options at hand - another way to stay in control.
    July 2016 - Left I/O
    December 2016 - BEPx3
    All clear for 1 year!

My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
    First Oncologist Visit Checklist
    Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Working...
    X