Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where am I at?

Hi,

I had Stage 1a 80% EC, 17% intratubular seminoma, 3% other crap immature teratoma and yolk sac (tumor size was 1.9 cm) diagnosed Dec 2015. I've been all clear since and I'm coming up to my 6 month check up which makes it 2 years 7 months out. My last check up was all clear at 2 years 1 month.

I just want to now where I stand now recurrence wise. My oncologist told me at the 2 years I was pretty much cured but still had to finish the 5 year check ups.

At the two year mark you should be pretty darn close to pre-TC baseline with regards to having a recurrence. That's why any recurrence after the two year mark is considered at "Late Recurrence". I'd say low single digit % chance at this point.

I would continue to year five. No need to take any chance whatsoever. Also, you have an increased chance that the remaining guy could get TC....so it's always a good idea to keep a watchful eye.

- Matt
    March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
    March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
    6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
    LDH never fully normalized
    Stage: IS
    Watchful Waiting
    May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
    May 12th: started 3xBEP
    Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
    July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
    August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
    September 4th: Port removed
    July 10th 2018: 4 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

Working...
    X