X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i travel and work after a week after 3xBEP

I want to go to work after im done with my 3rd cycle.
    Is it safe to be in work environment after a week of having last bleo shot. Right now im in mid of 2nd cycle.
    Also when is it considered an "all clear"?
    painless lump rightside over 5 month
    tumor markers- afp-14.9 hcg-773
    06/2018- right i/o

path- teratoma/yolk sac/chorio

afp down at 2.3 hcg-3303

ct- no lymph involvement, lung mets (stage IIIA)

07/2018- start of 3xBEP +1EP

Probably depends on your neutrophil count. I was neutropenia for at least a week or two after last bleo shot (1xBEP).

Can you work remotely?
    Age 31 - Portland, OR
    01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
    13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
    27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
    06DEC16 - CT scan clear
    09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
    03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
    18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

Originally posted by metroman View Post
      I want to go to work after im done with my 3rd cycle.
      Is it safe to be in work environment after a week of having last bleo shot.
      Actually, I would not have been able to even try, bu as far as safety, that depends on your co-worker's health. If they are sick, stay away. Your immune system is likely still not up to speed.

Also when is it considered an "all clear"?
      Generally, after a clear CT scan ...

Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

It's hard to predict how you're going to feel then - it might pile up and going to work is the last thing you feel like jumping in to... Maybe it's good to give yourself options for when you immediately finish treatment, if you can!
        July 2016 - Left I/O
        December 2016 - BEPx3
        All clear for 1 year!

My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
        First Oncologist Visit Checklist
        Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

I guess ill look at my condition before going. My blood count and neutrophils have dropped during first cycle and pretty much have stayed there ,but they are well within normal range for that matter.

As for the triedness, I felt full blown hit during long week and 2 days after, and after that im pretty much normal till next cycle. My docs saying im handling the chemo well as compared to others . Is that true!?

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
          Actually, I would not have been able to even try.
          Are you talking about fatigue?
          06/2018- right i/o

afp down at 2.3 hcg-3303

Comment

Are you talking about fatigue?
            Yes fatigue was my biggest problem. There was also a significant mental fog (AKA "chemo brain) most days during treatment.

Comment

It does sound like you are handling the side effects pretty well so far. Probably a good idea to be flexible with your expectations and just see how you feel, I found the side effects got worse with each cycle. Probably needed a good two months before I felt ready to return to work part time, but everyone is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Trudo View Post
                It does sound like you are handling the side effects pretty well so far. Probably a good idea to be flexible with your expectations and just see how you feel, I found the side effects got worse with each cycle. Probably needed a good two months before I felt ready to return to work part time, but everyone is different.
                Yes im lowering my expectations, but im done with 2nd cycle still waiting for the last. I probably think i can work after last bleo. As of now I do feel a little like recovering from flu but nothing apart that.

Thanks for letting me know about time frame, even dave said he couldn't have worked due to fatigue.
                Hell, i think you guys had it worse than me(side effects). Hoping last cycle goes well.

NOTE : HCG dropped to 49 from 3303 after first cycle. (LDH 349/AFP 1.3) after first cycle. Does this mean , the metastasis is responding or it just happens with chemo!? How everyone else responded!? Doc said its nice it has come down.
                06/2018- right i/o

afp down at 2.3 hcg-3303

Comment

The drop in hcg is definitely good, it means the treatments are working. Based on other posts, my chemo experience was much better tan many guys, bjut there are a few (like you) that did better than me. We seem to be all different in how bad our chemo side effects are, sounds like you got lucky.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X