• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christopherme
    • Aug 2016

Pulmonary Micro-nodules

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to see if anyone has dealt with (or heard of) this "issue". I just had my 6 month post-chemo (3x BEP) check-up -- for reference purposes, I had a Pure Seminoma tumor, was place on suveillence, and had a 2cm x 2.7cm lymph node that led me to 3x BEP.

The check-up, for the most part, went really well. I was told that my enlarged lymph node continues to shrink post-chemo (at 6 wks it had shrunk to 0.75cm x 0.7cm, and is now at 0.75cm x 0.3cm), with no other signs of metastasis in the abdomen/pelvis area.

My oncologist also had me get a Chest CT, which came back with a note -- "Two new pulmonary micro-nodules of indeterminate etiology/significance. Attention at follow-up is advised." My oncologist was not the least bit concerned, and mentioned that pulmonary nodules are very common benign occurrences that can be caused by any number of factors (infection, air pollution, etc.). She went on to point out that the type of testicular cancer I have would move through the pelvis/abdominal area first (before reaching the lungs), and that my CT scans showed great results there. She stressed that I should not be worried, and ordered follow-up scans in 6 months for my peace of mind -- she closed with the line, "Please don't be worried. I am not. That's why I'm ordering scans in 6 months instead of 2 months."

I want to enjoy the good news (lymph node keeps shrinking!) -- but am really bothered by the "Two new pulmonary micro-nodules" that is noted on my Chest CT. Anyone else deal with this before? Words of advice?

Best,
    Chris
  • eodtech2001
    • Feb 2012

Yes and your oncologist is pretty spot on. Lungs are a weird beast in the medical world. You literally could have inhaled dust or dirt and it stuck to your lung. Then your body would encapsulate it. Or you cough to hard tear slight lung tissue and same thing.
    She is right enjoy your all clear
    Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
    Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
    Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
    Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
    April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
    May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
    August 7th 2012- BEP complete
    April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
    May 2013 RPLND
    Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
    Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
    Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
    Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
    Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
    Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

• Davepet
      • Mar 2010

Quite a few of the guys have reported having nodules, I can't recall a case where it was something serious, except for when the cancer is very widespread.

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Louie C-Silva
        • Jan 2018

Ciao,

From my personal experience, I am under a year since diagnosis and since my first initial scan I have had two of the same “micro nodules” and my oncologist and urologist both said the same thing. No other signs of mets and not to even give these a second thought, I know.. hard not to. But I am almost a year in and there has been no change in mine! Hope this puts you at some ease! All the best!

Comment

• christopherme
          • Aug 2016

Thanks for all the responses. I think I'd be in a better place if these pulmonary micro-nodules appeared in past Chest CT scans -- but the radiologist calling them out as "new" (i.e. compared to my Chest CT from 5 months ago) is what's causing the difficult mental hurdles.

My oncologist stressed multiple times not to worry -- but I don't have to tell everyone here how difficult that can be!

Comment

Working...
          X