Possible new liver cancer? Or just post cancer worry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheBlankPlank
    • Apr 2018

Possible new liver cancer? Or just post cancer worry?

Hi, I just got my all clear for my 6 month stage one seminoma l. I don't know what possessed me to look at the actual CT report, but I did, and it said no change but a small 9mm lesion on liver (stable). Now I would think if this was a problem my doctor would have said something. Should I be worried about this? I have no other existing issues involving my liver. I know most of these are benign and harmless but it was enough to rattle me.
  • Ryan Bi
    • Jul 2018

Normally when report says stable, that means you have it six months ago and till now no change . It will grow up in six months if it is malignant. I would not think about it and just keep eyes on it.
    Son Ran, 24 years old, 25th May 2018 diagnosed NSGCT. 28th May 2018 right orchiectomy. Pathology:50% EC, 30% Teratoma,20% Yolk sac. CTs: 1 retroperitoneal lymph node 0.7mm Tumor markers: AFP 497, bhcg 19, LDH normal Normalized after R/O. Stage 1, surveillance 17th September 2018, Bhcg elevated up to 5.6 AFP and LDH normal, CT stable. 4th November bhcg up to 28, AFP and LDH normal. BEPx3 started and 2nd January 2019 BEP finished with Tumor markers normalized. 13th February 2019 CT scan showed 1 retroperitoneal lymph node enlarged up to 1.1 cm with normal tumor markers. RPLND : 03/14 2019@IU Dr.Cary Pathology report: one lymph node from 57 is Teretoma .Back to surveillance 05/02/19 Blood work all normal

08/23/2019 Bloodwork, Abdomen CT and Chest X-ray all normal

Comment

• Davepet
      • Mar 2010

I wouldn't worry, but no harm in asking your doc about what it means at the next regular visit.

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• TheBlankPlank
        • Apr 2018

So after some anxiety, internet research, and phone calls. My doctor said it was unchanged for the 6 months but they will continue to watch it.

From looking around and doing some research, they say virtually all harmless when they are smaller like that.
        Last edited by TheBlankPlank; 10-18-18, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X