X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommaso View Post
    Lostsaffa thank you so much for your detailed journal!

I was just diagnosed with stage IB with two high risk factors (30% relapse expectancy), still evaluating the two options *active surveillance or adiuv chemio* and reports like your are gold to me!

May I ask you if you underwent 1 cycle of carboplatin "AUC7"?
    because my doctor told me that it reduces the relapse expectancy to just half (15% in my case) while you wrote to "2%" (!)

Hey Tommaso, apologies for not replying sooner. You have no doubt already made your decision. To answer your question, I can only say what my Oncologist told me and from my understanding it involves your risk profile (age/health/other conditions or history) when they make these relapse expectancy predictions. It also takes into account data from the local healthcare database, so if you're in another country this might be based on your countries statistics rather than global.

Correct, I had one round of adjuvent carboplatin.

All the best with your treatment!

Comment

Originally posted by Lostsaffa View Post
      So the back pain was an interesting one! Turns out I had no cancer issues (bloods & CT were clear) but after some head scratching by my doctor I decided to visit a very good physio. After one 30min session of movement and him manipulating various parts of my lower back the testicular and all associated lower abdomen pain was GONE! Now several weeks later it has still not returned.

Now, this got me thinking. If you remember my initial diagnosis was as a result of me feeling pain in my left (remaining) testicle, which continued after the right was removed after this exercise injury. What I am now thinking is that it was totally coincidental all those months ago that I went to the doctor with testicular pain and then got found out to have TC. I now dont believe the pain had anything to do with the cancer. However, it could have saved my life! I think that the pain I have had all this time was in fact muscular skeletal. There is a nerve which runs through our L1-L2 vertebrae which can transfer pain if squeezed into our lower abdomen, including testicles.

Very interesting I thought when checking it out and googling it in more detail.
      Very very good points.

- My TC was found because I had a pain in testicle and might not have been related to the tumor at all. it was indetectable by self exam. Only a precautionary Ultrasound found it
      - I have periods of pain in my remaining testicle, sometime an entire month. Get Ultrasound and even chest X Ray to feel at ease. Could be from having to do the work of 2 balls, could be because it moves more now, or just the same pain I had in the other one and that may have nothing to do with TC
      - lower back pains, all the time, So many causes for those, Working out, sitting wrong, sleeping wrong. Most of the time, swollen lymph nodes will be painless. Only a CT can tell

Man we are all going through the same.. Thank you for sharing, It helps me and others.

Comment

Originally posted by lautreamont View Post

Very very good points.

- My TC was found because I had a pain in testicle and might not have been related to the tumor at all. it was indetectable by self exam. Only a precautionary Ultrasound found it
        - I have periods of pain in my remaining testicle, sometime an entire month. Get Ultrasound and even chest X Ray to feel at ease. Could be from having to do the work of 2 balls, could be because it moves more now, or just the same pain I had in the other one and that may have nothing to do with TC
        - lower back pains, all the time, So many causes for those, Working out, sitting wrong, sleeping wrong. Most of the time, swollen lymph nodes will be painless. Only a CT can tell

Man we are all going through the same.. Thank you for sharing, It helps me and others.

Hey Mate, thanks for your comments! For some reason notifications don't work for me on this forum so apologies for the delayed response. It just goes to show that life after TC or any cancer is different to life before. Where once we would probably shake minor pain off as meaningless, it now has to be taken with a bit more seriousness, just in case...

I can't remember if I've already mentioned this above but my Urologist said that a very large majority of TC patients he sees have unrelated pain as the initial trigger for further examination. So it only makes sense then that many of them continue to have pain after surgery, again totally unrelated but presenting as testicular related.

Comment

I almost never get notifications any more, just an odd ne every once in a while.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
          X