Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seminoma Stage 1 no rete testis invasion / Adjuvant Carboplatin

Good afternoon from the UK,

My name is Spyros and was diagnosed with TC on the right testicle on the 30/08/2018 . I had it removed undergoing radical orchiectomy, which confirmed that was Seminoma Stage 1 with no rete testis invasion. I was lucky enough to get such a diagnosis.

My pre ops markers were all negative and was offered surveillance or adjuvant chemo. CT scan clear too. I opted in for the Carboplatin treatment to minimise my risk profile from 15-20% relapse down to approx 3%.

I am having an appointment with the Nuclear medical clinic tomorrow on the 19/10 for them to test my kidneys functionality prior to the treatment. Tomorrow results will determine the dosage of Carboplatin I will receive.

This blog's intention is to share my experience and progress with the only aim to potentially answer questions based on experience only and NOT expertise as I am not a doctor nor medical professional.

I will keep you updated of every step going forward.

My best wishes to all of you C Fighters!

Sincerely,

Spyros

Not telling you how to proceed, or what to do, but we had similar if not exact pathology, and I went with surveillance and have been all clear since, thank God. I get that your anxiety is probably high, but you are a prime candidate for surveillance, and if it returns, you can hit it full force with chemo, and be done. I would avoid enduring chemo if you feel confident enough to stick to the surveillance regiment, as it has been the only line of treatment for many like us with 100% pure seminoma Stage 1A. Wish you the best!
    Dx: 10/4/10
    Blood Results for tumor markers came back Normal.
    Surgery/ Left I/O: 10/26/10
    11/2/10 - Pathology report came in, 100% seminoma with no evidence of cord invasion. 3 foci, 1.1cm, 0.6cm, and 0.3cm.
    11/3/10 - CT scan of Pelvis and Chest is clear, no abnormalities.
    11/18/10- Surveillance
    10/26/11 - All Clear

Comment

Good on you, Spyros, and best wishes for your chemo!
      July 2016 - Left I/O
      December 2016 - BEPx3
      All clear for 1 year!

My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
      First Oncologist Visit Checklist
      3 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Chemo
      3 Reasons Why People Disappear From Your Life During Cancer
      Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Thank you guys for your support and advice. I understand that I am in a very lucky position to have been diagnosed with stage 1 TC and it is likely indeed, that I am already cured. That said, from my point of view, I have a 3yo daughter and we are expecting any day now our second child to be born. I would therefore like to minimise down to the very minimum any chances of relapse so i can avoid in the future an occasion of having to go through more intense chemo which very well could impact my job too.

When I was diagnosed, I promised to myself that would declare total war to TC and adjuvant carboplatin will hopefully be the last act of my war.

I have now been booked for this Friday at 1600 BST and will keep you posted of how every day progresses.

Comment

Thank you guys for your support and advice. I understand that I am in a very lucky position to have been diagnosed with stage 1 TC and it is likely indeed, that I am already cured. That said, from my point of view, I have a 3yo daughter and we are expecting any day now our second child to be born. I would therefore like to minimise down to the very minimum any chances of relapse so i can avoid in the future an occasion of having to go through more intense chemo which very well could impact my job too.

When I was diagnosed, I promised to myself that would declare total war to TC and adjuvant carboplatin will hopefully be the last act of my war.

I have now been booked for this Friday at 1600 BST and will keep you posted of how every day progresses.

Comment

wishing you the best
            Son Grant
            dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
            Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
            2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
            Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Working...
            X