Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second primary in a year or just nerves? May need a little talk down.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second primary in a year or just nerves? May need a little talk down.

Hi, I'm sorry to bother again, my nerves have been shot lately and I would just appreciate some thoughts.
    Around a week or 2 ago I had something like a pulled muscle in my lower abdominal muscle from running. Along with this a heavyness feeling started in my survivor only if I am sitting for a extended period, laying down or standing I feel nothing. I checked for any abnormallies, and found none, except maybe a swollen spematic cord.
    I scheduled an appointment with my urologist Wednesday, he felt it and said he didn't feel anything strange. He then suggested to get an ultrasound just to be safe. (It really didn't make me feel any better, worse perhaps) so I scheduled my ultrasound for January 2nd as it was the closest one I was able to get.
    I'm now home for the holidays but find myself being distracted by this. The heavyness seems to be getting less and less noticable each day. My last clear sonogram was around 9 months ago.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Am I blowing this out of proportion? Did I handle this properly or am I waiting too long to get it checked?

I'm sorry to ask so much but tons of stress seems to have piled on me lately. I truly appreciate everything this site does.

• JoeTheAstronaut
    replied
    That's great news, man!!

Leave a comment:

• surfhb
    replied
    Sooo good to read this.

Leave a comment:

• TheBlankPlank
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeTheAstronaut View Post
    Great, hopefully it's nothing!
    Just got a call from the urologist, ultrasound was clean. Expects the discomfort could be caused by a varicocele. Feel much better now. Hope everyone had a great holiday. Next thing to look forward to is my one year all clear.

Leave a comment:

• JoeTheAstronaut
    replied
    Great, hopefully it's nothing!

Leave a comment:

• TheBlankPlank
    replied
    How did you go?
    The sonogram is after the holidays, on the second, but the feeling I have had has been very trace. And only if I am ever sitting in a certain way. Hopefully that is a good sign.

Leave a comment:

• JoeTheAstronaut
    replied
    How did you go?

Leave a comment:

• JoeTheAstronaut
    replied
    How did you go?

Leave a comment:

• TheBlankPlank
    replied
    Do you have a follow up appointment booked?
    No, I don't have one scheduled, urologist said he would let me know the results in a day or 2 after. If they are clear and I'm still experiencing it, I think I'll make one just to get to the bottom of it.

Leave a comment:

• JoeTheAstronaut
    replied
    That's one of the worst thing about cancer, man - the mind games. You start second guessing yourself and wondering - is this cancer? Is it growing? Has it spread?

The good thing is that your urologist is not concerned - that's a great sign! He or she should be able to pick it up in most cases. Chances are it's nothing to be concerned about, but it will be great to get the ultrasound done, of course! Do you have a follow up appointment booked?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X