X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T1 seminoma surveillance protocol standards

Hello, warriors. Can you please help me with the proper surveillance protocol for T1 seminoma? I'm from eastern Europe, got TC in July 18, got I/O, markers never elevated, CT scan showed single enlarged paraaorthal node 14x10 mm, radiologist bravely wrote that is not malignant, tumor was clasified as T1 without any info about lymphovasular invasion. Also, no info about staging (but is probably I). Got surveillance in 4 months. After 4 months got MRI without contrast only for paraaorthal area and markers, phoned doc and he said that everything is fine and scheduled another surveillance in 3 months, without further details. Is this normal and proper protocol, first surveillance after 4 months, second after 3 months, can they even compare CT with contrast and MRI without one? What about US for remaining guy, no one said anything about it? Thanks.
    45yo, left I/O 07/30/2018, T1 pure seminoma, surveillance...
    Waiting...

Over here they usually do the US on both guys at the same time, if present.Did that not happen? I'm not sure, but I think a 1.4CM node is within guidelines for seminoma, I'd make sure they keep an eye n it. The proper protocol varies by location, your's does not seem unreasonable.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thanks, Dave. My problem is that I dont get our surveillance system, if there is any. Oncologist only takes care about possibility of reccurence of previous TC, but no one in system takes care about other stuff like possibility of second primary. Also, I saw that in US and UK monitor hormon levels, no one here ever mentioned anything about it. So my idea is to get a proper protocol and to force primary care MD to follow it.
      Waiting...

Comment

It's actually pretty rare to monitor hormone levels here unless a problem is suspected.
        Dave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Finally get results, node shrinked from 1,4 cm to 1 cm, but not sure is it comparable, 1st scan was CT with contrast, 2nd MRI without one. They still say it is not malignant. Plus, some large mass grew on the kidney in just 4 months, radiologist was again sure that is just a cist. Don't know when is next scan, in three months must do US on remaining guy + markers (that have never been above range). Other what was written is just pure amateurism, now I am even more scared and concerned that I must control everything what they do.
          Waiting...

Comment

Working...
          X