Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlarged retroperitonial lymph node

Hello everyone

I had an orchiectomy done approx. 6 months ago due to testicular cancer. I was told that I didn’t need further treatment aside from ct scans every 3 months. I had a ct scan at the er for something unrelated and was told that my retroperitonial lymph node is slightly enlarged. Due to problems switching over my insurance, I am unable to see my dr for a few more days and I am extremely stressed out.

Has anyone been clear and then had the same thing happen? Can the enlarged lymph node be frome something other than the cancer?

Hello. You should give us more info about TC, like type, stage, marker levels, CT results...Primary purpose of occasional CT scaning in testicular cancer is to monitor size/shape of lymph nodes for possible reccurence of cancer. Nodes can enlarge from many reasons, most of them are not dangerous. Enlargement of the retroperitonial lymph node(s) in TC pacients during the survelliance is deffinitly something to be concerned, about but without additional info it is impossible to say something usefull.
    45yo, left I/O 07/30/2018, T1 pure seminoma, surveillance...
    Waiting...

Comment

Here is the info that I have:

Seminoma usual type 100% 4.5cm with prominent edema and cystic/microcystic change confined to testes. Germ cell neoplasia in situ.

Tumor diffusely positive for oct4,plap,d2-40,cd117,afp,hcg, and cd 30.

Markers:

Ld-165
      Afp-1.5

The ct scan I had was for something else but the report says enlarged periaortic retroperitonial lymph node 1.7x1.6 cm

Comment

There is an ongoing nationwide clinical trial for the use of RPLND surgery as a first line treatment for testicular seminoma with low volume (less than 2cm) lymph node enlargement.

They are still recruiting, and generally a clinical trial will be structured in such a way as to cover most treatment costs for the patient.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02537548

Comment

With pure seminoma, I think that node is below the action level, but not certain.

Dave
          Last edited by Davepet; 01-08-19, 07:36 PM.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Originally posted by Findacure! View Post
            Here is the info that I have: Seminoma usual type 100% 4.5cm with prominent edema and cystic/microcystic change confined to testes. Germ cell neoplasia in situ. Tumor diffusely positive for oct4,plap,d2-40,cd117,afp,hcg, and cd 30. Markers: Ld-165 Afp-1.5 The ct scan I had was for something else but the report says enlarged periaortic retroperitonial lymph node 1.7x1.6 cm
            Well, that node is what they said, slightly enlarged, but it must be compared with original (first) CT that was taken in the time of orchicectomy to see size of that specific node then. Periaortic retroperitonial area is area that is most expected for seminoma recurrence so your situation is suspicious, but I dont think cancer reccurence can be confirmed yet. They will probably do some more tests, maybe they will do another CT in a while to check node again. Dont panic, even if it is cancer reccurence, you sitll have ~100% chance for complete survival with ussual treatment.
            45yo, left I/O 07/30/2018, T1 pure seminoma, surveillance...
            Waiting...

Comment

Working...
            X