X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biwi View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't bother with the laptop. After my RPLND, between the meds, being tired, and not having any focus I pretty much just watched TV and putzed on my phone. Didn't even touch my laptop.
    It’s true. I only used my iPad and phone.

Comment

I watched so much garbage television after my RPLND. It's amazing what people are paying for these days with a cable subscription.

Comment

Sorry to hear you might need the RPLND. In all likelihood the EPx4 wiped out the active cancer, and this is just the teratoma now, especially if you're not seeing any AFP elevation. It sucks, but everybody muscles through it. Try to go to a high volume center if at all possible, such as IU or Sloan or Johns Hopkins. 8 years out from both EPx4 and the RPLND I can still feel the burning in my arms and various numbness and other issues from the chemo, but don't even think twice about the RPLND. I did lose my fertility despite going to the very best (Dr Sheinfeld, MSKCC), but my wife and I already had kids so it was okay.
        Young Adult Cancer Survivorship by Steve Pake
        April is Testicular Cancer Awareness Month!
        www.stevepake.com
        Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
        My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
        C
        ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your experiences and well wishes! I am ready to go in for surgery tomorrow. Had a fun week or so after being told about it and buckled down and got ready for it the past week. I'm scared but who wouldn't be ?

Wanted to check in with you surf, how has your recovery been? It has been awhile since we spoke. Wanted to see how it has been going and any new challenges and if you got your path yet. Let me know!

Next post will be from my recovery room!!

Comment

Well this couldn’t have been scarier. But I got through it and am getting discharged after 3 days! I feel great and am so thankful for my experience. Thank you everyone for the well wisahes.

Comment

Nice to hear from you , I wish you could have fast and good recovery.

My son will be operated at March in IU. I worry about that so much. Keep us updated, please!

All the best to you!

Amy, Ran’s mum

Comment

Great to hear, hope your recovery continues to go well!
                6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
                6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
                7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
                7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
                10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
                10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
                4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
                4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
                9/27/18: all clears up to this date!

Comment

Knew you would crush it.

Comment

Working...
                  X