• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CPOS55
    • Oct 2018

2nd incision with RPLND

Hi guys,

I got my RPLND 2 weeks ago with Dr. Tarin of UPMC in Pittsburgh. Hospitalized for 3 days - not too bad. Been home recovering for about 10 days now and starting to really feel like myself again. Incision is healing well. I get the rest of the staples out tomorrow. But I have a question.

During the procedure, my surgeon not only performed the incision for the RPLND, but he opened up my orchiectomy incision as well. I haven't met with him yet to discuss (appointment tomorrow) nor have I got pathology report. I'm just not sure what that incision would have been for. Anyone have any clue / had this experience? Reason I ask is that the area below my orchiectomy incision has been tender. Kind of hard but tender to the touch and hurts a little bit the past few days. I will follow up with him tomorrow just wanted to feel out the forum and see if this has happened before and why they would have cut me there again.

Thanks everyone
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

I have never heard of that before....
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• surfhb
      • Jul 2013

I have not heard of that either and would want to know why for sure.

Comment

• CPOS55
        • Oct 2018

Most importantly: my path came back all teratoma!

My surgeon says that he used the incision spot to retrieve the whole spermatic cord that he wanted to send for pathology. I guess I’ve never heard of that either but I’m not going to dwell on it

Comment

• dcalandrelli
          • Apr 2017

All teratoma is amazing news! An all clear like that deserves a great celebration! Once you fully recover go enjoy yourself!!!!
          3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 6/08/23 All clears up to here! 6 years all clear! Son born September 2022, conceived naturally!

Comment

• surfhb
            • Jul 2013

So epic to hear man! Celebrate and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
            X