Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiation for Stage 1 Seminoma Relapse

Hello All,

After a nerve racking week of trying to process everything, I have decided to pursue radiation for a Stage 1 Seminoma recurrence. I've posted my back story in another thread, but will add it here as well. My first diagnosis was back in 2009 with a stage 1S non-seminoma which was treated with 3xBEP. My appointments were all uneventful until my 9 year checkup. My bHCG was up slightly so further testing was done and a second primary tumor was found in my remaining testicle. My tumor markers normalized after the I/O and opted for surveillance after meeting with many doctors including Dr. Einhorn. At my 6 month check last week, my ct showed a left para aortic node measuring 1.4cm and my bHCG was up again so it was decided some action needed to be taken.

After taking about a week to process and talk with a number of doctors I landed on Radiation. My simulation is scheduled for Monday next week. I just found out it takes about 2 weeks to set up the treatments after the simulation scan. This seems like a long time, but I guess this is different than chemo where they just have the drugs in storage.

It would really help me if others who had radiation could share there thoughts and experiences with me. I know that radiation has fallen out of favor over the last 10 years, but it appears to still be used for small seminoma spread.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

​Patrick

How was your experience with the BEPx3? My husband had pure seminoma stage 1A last year but relapsed 2 weeks ago with a 2.4cm node. Now needs chemo. Wondering about radiation also. Dr. Einhorn suggested chemo after emailing himfor advice, but we are a little confused and nervous.

Comment

I think it will really depends from person to person. For me, it wasn't that bad from a physical standpoint, a little more tired than usual and some weird appetite things. But, I was 23 years old and in great shape, worked out or jogged most days then.

Comment

Working...
      X