X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case you want more numbers and links to sources:

The probability you are cured is between 85-95%. There is another study that broke down the percents even more depending on the tumor size but I can't find it easily right now and I'm cannot recall how statistically strong that analysis was (being able to break down the percents so much considering the relative rarity of testicular cancer).

https://www.europeanurology.com/arti...826-6/fulltext

As others mentioned above, the probability if you do relapse of surviving after 3xBEP is 99.7% ... many of those who did not survive was due to toxicity from the chemotherapy and not the cancer itself - ensuring your eat well, try to reduce anxiety, and stay healthy as possible (eg exercise and nutrition) now would be optimal just in case chemo is ever needed - see the paper I linked above... https://ascopubs.org/doi/full/10.1200/JCO.2014.56.2116

Comment

Ok last post I promise!

For nutrition and exercise recommendations and easy-to-follow guidelines specific to people in our situation, check these out, I liked them:

https://www.mdanderson.org/content/d...-algorithm.pdf
      https://www.mdanderson.org/content/d...-algorithm.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by LouisFCP View Post
        Dave,
        Do you know what "no extracapsular extension" means? It means that the tumor is T1a? In my path report is only written pT1Nx.
        From what I found online, "extracapsular extension" is often used when a cancer escapes a lymph node, but I couldn't find a reference mentioning it in regards to testicles, however that fact tht it wasn't found is probably a good thing.
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thank you guys for all your support. I haven t posted recently because I felt very anxious due to my 6 month scan. Fortunetly it was ALL Clear!!
          11/7/2018 - You have TC
          11/13/2018 - Right I/O
          Pathology report : pT1Nx Pure Seminoma
          MRI with contrast - All clear
          Surveillance

Comment

Good to hear.

Comment

Hi guys,

Just had my 1st year scans and it was all clear! Anxiety while waiting the results was a pain in the ass again..
              11/7/2018 - You have TC
              11/13/2018 - Right I/O
              Surveillance

Comment

Hi guys,

Just had my 1st year scans and it was all clear! Anxiety while waiting the results was a pain in the ass again..

Congratulations on the clear check up!!!

Mike
                Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
                06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
                06.26.06 Left I/O
                06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
                06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
                Surveillance...
                Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
                6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Phew! Good to hear!

I see you've said the checkups make you anxious. Me too! But it does get easier as you go through more of them.

What do you do to help keep it in check?
                  Painless lump 5/18/2017
                  Orchidectomy June 2017 (4.5cm, rete testis involvement)
                  Chemo Summer 2017 (2x7AUC carboplatin)
                  No evidence of relapse since, but plenty of anxiety about it.

I'm also an epidemiologist, and a professor at a medical school (with NO training in oncology), oh, and gay, too.

Comment

Congratulations Louis! I have my first CT scan coming up next month. I'm already looking forward to the results! fingers crossed

Comment

Really happy for you! Thank you for the good news!

Amy, Ran’s mom
                      Son Ran, 24 years old, 25th May 2018 diagnosed NSGCT. 28th May 2018 right orchiectomy. Pathology:50% EC, 30% Teratoma,20% Yolk sac. CTs: 1 retroperitoneal lymph node 0.7mm Tumor markers: AFP 497, bhcg 19, LDH normal Normalized after R/O. Stage 1, surveillance 17th September 2018, Bhcg elevated up to 5.6 AFP and LDH normal, CT stable. 4th November bhcg up to 28, AFP and LDH normal. BEPx3 started and 2nd January 2019 BEP finished with Tumor markers normalized. 13th February 2019 CT scan showed 1 retroperitoneal lymph node enlarged up to 1.1 cm with normal tumor markers. RPLND : 03/14 2019@IU Dr.Cary Pathology report: one lymph node from 57 is Teretoma .Back to surveillance 05/02/19 Blood work all normal

08/23/2019 Bloodwork, Abdomen CT and Chest X-ray all normal

Comment

Originally posted by billandtuna View Post
                        Phew! Good to hear!

I see you've said the checkups make you anxious. Me too! But it does get easier as you go through more of them.

What do you do to help keep it in check?
                        Well.. i try to keep my mind busy... Work, sports- running almost every day and also I ve changed my eating brhaviour (i eat meat twice a week only). Even thoughI still get anxious before my check-ups. Question: do you feel any pain in the remaining testicle from times to times?
                        11/7/2018 - You have TC
                        11/13/2018 - Right I/O
                        Surveillance

Comment

Originally posted by JoeG23 View Post
                          Congratulations Louis! I have my first CT scan coming up next month. I'm already looking forward to the results! fingers crossed
                          Hi Joe. Have you had your scans? Wish you all the best.
                          11/7/2018 - You have TC
                          11/13/2018 - Right I/O
                          Surveillance

Comment

Hi Joe. Have you had your scans? Wish you all the best.

Thanks Louis. I had them yesterday and not good news. I'll meet with the doc on Friday to review the scans and figure out a gameplan. AKA I'll be coming back to this site on Friday for advice, haha. You guys are awesome

Comment

What did your scan show Joe?

Comment

It has come back and spread past the lymph nodes. I have a spot on my lungs as well as some tissue pressing on my wind pipe, which is making it difficult to swallow solid foods.

My oncologist recommended 4xEP. He said there is a 50-50 risk of lung toxicity with 3xBEP so he recommended just the EP, but with an extra round.

Are there any other things to consider for treatment? I'm guessing RPLND isn't an option since it has spread past the lymph nodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X