X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeG23 View Post
    It has come back and spread past the lymph nodes. I have a spot on my lungs as well as some tissue pressing on my wind pipe, which is making it difficult to swallow solid foods.

My oncologist recommended 4xEP. He said there is a 50-50 risk of lung toxicity with 3xBEP so he recommended just the EP, but with an extra round.

Are there any other things to consider for treatment? I'm guessing RPLND isn't an option since it has spread past the lymph nodes.
    With nonseminoma, I would want to know more about the tumor near my windpipe and my tumor markers. I would want to know if I was in the good prognosis group or not as good prognosis group is the only time the EPx4 is equivalent to BEPx3 and if I was in the intermediate or poor risk group and bleomycin was to be avoided then I'd ask if VIP is more appropriate than EP. The prognosis group is just a way to rate the situation so don't let the good, intermediate or poor prognosis frighten you.

Where are you being treated? How experienced is your doctor with testicular cancer? I've just never heard someone quote a 50:50 risk for bleomycin toxicity so it makes me wonder about thieir experience.

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

If there was indeed a 50/50 risk of lung damage the hundreds of us that had 3xBEP on ths forum would have many more cases of it. It is actually pretty rare to get lung damage, I believe.
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thanks Mike and Dave!

Comment

Working...
        X