• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LouisFCP
    started a topic My TC Story

My TC Story

Hello guys,

Thank you all for all the great work&advices you are doing giving here.

I would like to tell you my story . I`m 30 years old and I live in Romania.

On 7th of November 2018 I've been told that I have TC. Four days later I had my right testicle removed (right I/O).

I had medical examinations such as:

MRI with contrast substance - ALL CLEAR, no metastasis, no vascular invasion.

Xray chest scan - all clear.

Tumoral markers - values ok.

My pathologic report:
    Tumor

Measurements: 4 x 3 x 2.5 cm
    Tumoral mass well delimited, no extracapsular extension.
    Testicular Parenchima: Normal

Spermatic cord length 5 cm

Conclusion: Seminoma, pT1Nx.

I talked with my urologist and oncologist and they both said that most probably I am cured and they will keep me under surveillance (scans every 6 months for 2 years, every year after). Even so... I am very anxious, being afraid of TC Relapse.

I went to a clinical examination 3 months after surgery and my urologist told me that everything is ok till now.

I am very scared and anxious because I ll have my 6 month MRI Scan... I m afraid of relapse. When I am anxious ... I have different pains in my body... wrists, eardrum aches, muscles aches in different parts of my body etc.

Have you had problems with anxiety? How did you get over this TC ?

Thank you and all the best,
    Louis

• JoeG23
    replied
    Thanks Mike and Dave!

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    If there was indeed a 50/50 risk of lung damage the hundreds of us that had 3xBEP on ths forum would have many more cases of it. It is actually pretty rare to get lung damage, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeG23 View Post
    It has come back and spread past the lymph nodes. I have a spot on my lungs as well as some tissue pressing on my wind pipe, which is making it difficult to swallow solid foods.

My oncologist recommended 4xEP. He said there is a 50-50 risk of lung toxicity with 3xBEP so he recommended just the EP, but with an extra round.

Are there any other things to consider for treatment? I'm guessing RPLND isn't an option since it has spread past the lymph nodes.
    With nonseminoma, I would want to know more about the tumor near my windpipe and my tumor markers. I would want to know if I was in the good prognosis group or not as good prognosis group is the only time the EPx4 is equivalent to BEPx3 and if I was in the intermediate or poor risk group and bleomycin was to be avoided then I'd ask if VIP is more appropriate than EP. The prognosis group is just a way to rate the situation so don't let the good, intermediate or poor prognosis frighten you.

Where are you being treated? How experienced is your doctor with testicular cancer? I've just never heard someone quote a 50:50 risk for bleomycin toxicity so it makes me wonder about thieir experience.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• JoeG23
    replied
    It has come back and spread past the lymph nodes. I have a spot on my lungs as well as some tissue pressing on my wind pipe, which is making it difficult to swallow solid foods.

My oncologist recommended 4xEP. He said there is a 50-50 risk of lung toxicity with 3xBEP so he recommended just the EP, but with an extra round.

Are there any other things to consider for treatment? I'm guessing RPLND isn't an option since it has spread past the lymph nodes.

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    What did your scan show Joe?

Leave a comment:

• JoeG23
    replied
    Originally posted by LouisFCP View Post

Hi Joe. Have you had your scans? Wish you all the best.

Thanks Louis. I had them yesterday and not good news. I'll meet with the doc on Friday to review the scans and figure out a gameplan. AKA I'll be coming back to this site on Friday for advice, haha. You guys are awesome

Leave a comment:

• LouisFCP
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeG23 View Post
    Congratulations Louis! I have my first CT scan coming up next month. I'm already looking forward to the results! fingers crossed
    Hi Joe. Have you had your scans? Wish you all the best.

Leave a comment:

• LouisFCP
    replied
    Originally posted by billandtuna View Post
    Phew! Good to hear!

I see you've said the checkups make you anxious. Me too! But it does get easier as you go through more of them.

What do you do to help keep it in check?
    Well.. i try to keep my mind busy... Work, sports- running almost every day and also I ve changed my eating brhaviour (i eat meat twice a week only). Even thoughI still get anxious before my check-ups. Question: do you feel any pain in the remaining testicle from times to times?

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Bi
    replied
    Really happy for you! Thank you for the good news!

Amy, Ran’s mom

Leave a comment:

• JoeG23
    replied
    Congratulations Louis! I have my first CT scan coming up next month. I'm already looking forward to the results! fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

• billandtuna
    replied
    Phew! Good to hear!

I see you've said the checkups make you anxious. Me too! But it does get easier as you go through more of them.

What do you do to help keep it in check?

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by LouisFCP View Post
    Hi guys,

Just had my 1st year scans and it was all clear! Anxiety while waiting the results was a pain in the ass again..

Congratulations on the clear check up!!!

Mike

Leave a comment:

• LouisFCP
    replied
    Hi guys,

Just had my 1st year scans and it was all clear! Anxiety while waiting the results was a pain in the ass again..

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    Good to hear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X