Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Periodic pain in remaining testicle, with no issues on ultrasound?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Periodic pain in remaining testicle, with no issues on ultrasound?

Am six years out from stage 1 seminoma. Fully encapsulated, surveillance only, no issues seen on followup. Have also had ultrasounds, no issues present other than some small micro calcifications (iirc), and a harmless epidymial cyst.

Every now and again, my testicle will get sore. Especially if sitting or lying down. I find cold improves the symptoms, as does removing boxers/clothing if sleeping. I've noticed it *may* be associated with eating worse food, in that it seems to happen more often after eating at a restaurant. There have been some occasions where it lasted for a few weeks, but recently it tends to be a few days, and then everything is fine afterwards.

Possibly also related to sexual activity, though less sure about though. Oh, and my sperm count is abysmal, practical no sperm, not very motile.

Have asked my urologist about this. He said it can happen after surgery, and didn't have much else to say. Has anyone else had pain like this in the remaining testicle, and were you able to do anything about it?

The only other thing I've noticed is that the area including the cords may be more inflamed when the symptoms occur.

Wow! Oh timely. I reported the same issues a while back (probably couple pages down) and just contacted my urologist after a week of new pain in the remaining testis. For me it has only been 1 year. I had some pains here and there since then (had US the first time but none since). This last week has been permanent soreness and exactly like you worse when sitting down or lying down, almost no issue when up and none at all when walking. I also noticed I gained some weight recently (Maybe 5lbs) and wondered if that was related. I do also feel the pain near the cords a little more intense but it feels more like a global inflammation / soreness of the testis. Manual inspections reveal nothing (but that does not help since my first one was entirely inside) and who knows, so much self checking might make things worse. How long does one wait before asking for another US? For me it has been a week and I just contacted my doc at Stanford. I had my 1 y CT Scan a month ago so at least i tell myself than in the worst case it likely has not spread much. Anyone else with those? Any suggestions? (PS I am Pure Seminoma 1A under surveillance for 13 months now)

Comment

metoo Pain in remaining testicle started when I came home from hospital after I/O. It comes and goes, mostly when sitting or when lying on side, by now I'm confident that its position related. Been on two US's since then, no sign of TC.
      45yo, left I/O 07/30/2018, T1 pure seminoma, surveillance...
      Waiting...

Comment

How long does the soreness last usually? For me it;'s the first time it does not go away after a week. I could feel it when swimming with my kid, So I am probably going to ask for an US this week just to be safe. Since it has been a year since my I/O and US with all clear CTs, what would a second tumor mean? Would it be a new TC? (and does it happen often just a year after having the first one) or considered the same TC? Reading you guys' testimonies help but cannot help but wonder why all the sudden it hurts for a week.

Comment

It last for several days, then its ok, then again...also was on non-scheduled US to the same doc that found TC on other guy. Second tumor will be second primary tumor (contralateral) unrelated to first one. Hard to say how often it happens, I red reports of 1,2,5,6 percent incidence during the lifetime. Which is not so much, but it is more than was the chance for the first one. Seminomas have slighlty larger chance for 2nd than non-seminomas. Don't wait or think, go to US to ease your mind.
          Waiting...

Comment

Ultrasound scheduled for 2pm pacific today (Monday April 8). Waiting game starts again... (I am a total wreck)

Comment

Whoever decided the US technician cannot tell you anything, then goes show the results to some invisible doctors and come back with no info, just a sad face and a statement doctors have all they need, is a mean person. Cannot tell if he saw anything. Now I gotta wait for a call or message from my urologist.

Comment

Got the results (no mass!). Based on what i read I am going to try to cut junk food (for me bread and croissants, Im French), lose the extra weight I gained and wear some more supportive underwear. Will see. Still hurts now and hurt when the technician was applying the US...

1. Normal right testicle. No mass.
                2. Redemonstration of a few epididymal head cysts, as before

Comment

You see! Now you can relax about the pain, but periodic US of remaining guy is obligate. Luckily my US doc told me everything immediately, so now I just have to wait for a results that are traveling by snail-mail, 13 days so far.
                  Waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by Harxxony View Post
                    You see! Now you can relax about the pain, but periodic US of remaining guy is obligate. Luckily my US doc told me everything immediately, so now I just have to wait for a results that are traveling by snail-mail, 13 days so far.
                    Must say. Contacted Stanford Monday Morning, got US Monday 2pm and results Monday 5pm. That's as quick as it gets.
                    Now gotta figure how to manage the soreness / pain.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Some good ideas shared already but if anyone else has other suggestions..

Comment

Pain is not normal with TC, almost to the point where pain rules TC out. Folks who report pain with TC mostly have an unrelated condition that fortunatly caused pain & discovery of their TC.Your doc should be working to discover the cause of your pain. If he/she is not it is time to change docs.

Dave
                      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Pain is not normal with TC, almost to the point where pain rules TC out. Folks who report pain with TC mostly have an unrelated condition that fortunatly caused pain & discovery of their TC.Your doc should be working to discover the cause of your pain. If he/she is not it is time to change docs.

Dave

Comment

lautreamont, harxxony: how is your fertility, by chance? I'm wondering if it is related. But I think it may have to do with diet, as it seems to have happened on days when I ate worse. And now, if memory serves, it might actually have some links to muscle tension: four years ago was the last time this was bad, and I seem to recall that a massage around the abdomen helped.

Thanks Davepet! You're right, I should ask my doctor next time I'm in. This had been fairly annoying 4-5 years ago, but then largely went away so I forgot about it. It still occurred *occasionally*, but wasn't bad enough to fret about.

Oh, and I've had multiple ultrasounds, never shown anything. Davepet is right, pain generally isn't a TC indicator.

Comment

What do you mean by fertility? :I In general, pain in my remaining testicle is not so big in a way I need medical help, it's more psychological issue. When I had TC last year, I had pain for few weeks, went to urologist, he made some brief tests and concluded that pain is prostate related. He even did not want to do US, and it was private practicioner outside public health system, so I begged him to do the US, and story from there is well known here...

Is anyone alse have problems with forum, I don't see latest posts.
                            Waiting...

Comment

Yes there seems to be some weird forum problems today, I'll let Mike know.

Comment

Working...
                              X