X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT scan results.

Good morning guys/girls, I'm back again just received my CT scan results ish today. My CT scan was done on the 10th on April, with it being the NHS i expected to be waiting... This morning i phoned my local GP for an appointment as i felt a lump on my collarbone 2 weeks ago and it was still there last night. get my appointment for 15:00 today, no more than 30 minutes later Addenbrookes call me telling me they've found a mass on my abdomen. No mention of sizes just a "we'll see you Monday to start the ball rolling with treatment". The call was ended but i have no information. Should i call back for more information or just sit on my hands until Monday?

Hi Breckarns,

Sorry to hear this! And i'm also sorry for how you were given the information. You should definitely call back to discuss if you have any questions and want to confirm what the next steps are - are we talking biopsy? Chemo?

Regardless of what they say, there's a lot of info here for you to use once you get more info. I would also just use the next few days to focus on you.

You are def not alone in this- this group is full of amazing people who have shared their experiences which helping all of us become a bit more aware of the process, which in turn can alleviate some stress connected with unknowns.

Comment

Hi again Nick. Uhmmm, this doesn't sound good. I remember that you had serious problems with NHS and hospital bureaucracy after diagnosis. Well, monday is in 5 days, nothing will happen in 5 days, if you can stand the hype you don't need to call them, they'd probably just tell you to wait.
      45yo, left I/O 07/30/2018, T1 pure seminoma, surveillance...
      Waiting...

Comment

Hi wjonw
        I phoned them back and was told it was only an appointment in that days clinic to discus where to go from here so more waiting. I definitely recall the lady mentioning chemo as the treatment but then and for most of the I've been in a bit of a daze. fortunately i was at work when they told me so i just threw myself into that, plus 50 mins after leaving they called me back in for a breakdown so I've been here 14 hours and am stuck here probably for another 5ish.

Hi Harxxony
        you have no idea i forgot to mention in my first post that when i went for my 2 monthly check up after my CT the Onc told me he would chase the results and phone me, i waited 14 days before phoning them again asking if they'd had my scans yet, that was yesterday. I love how they've waited for me to chase them to get my results, I get the NHS are busy but i just feel slighted every step of the way with how I'm being treated. But yeah i phoned them and didn't really get anything useful out of them so i probably shouldn't have bothered.

Comment

You should not have to wait a month to get partial results of a CT scan, especially positive results. You need to find out the size of the node to judge what is going on & might be needed going forward.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Cancer treatment related wait times in the UK with the NHS can be quite high recently (see article below). Breckarns, at every appointment and call, if you are going to have to wait on them to do something, I would suggest asking "how long should I wait to hear back from you until I followup again?"

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ncer-treatment

Comment

That is absolutely ridiculous, people's lives are at stake...
              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

My god do I have a love hate relationship with the NHS! So I went for my appointment yesterday to be told yeah there was a 13x11mm node on my abdomen. This to me sounds less serious than phoning someone telling them they have a “mass” on their abdomen.
                As it’s the NHS they’ve booked the chemo and all the function tests etc so I can start straight away after the bank holiday. But they’ve redone the CT scan including the 2 areas above the normal pelvis and abdomen scan. They’ve done this as I could have been ill 6 weeks ago when I had my original scan so they want to make sure it’s still there. The NHS is great as they don’t want to be sued so they don’t work in absolutes it drives me crazy I had the Dr in 2 sentences tell me I’m having it done and signing my consent forms to telling me I will find out definitely on Wednesday. I don’t know whether I’m coming or going. I can’t tell people/plan what’s happening as I don’t even know myself it’s a nightmare.

Comment

My god do I have a love hate relationship with the NHS! So I went for my appointment yesterday to be told yeah there was a 13x11mm node on my abdomen. This to me sounds less serious than phoning someone telling them they have a “mass” on their abdomen.
                  As it’s the NHS they’ve booked the chemo and all the function tests etc so I can start straight away after the bank holiday. But they’ve redone the CT scan including the 2 areas above the normal pelvis and abdomen scan. They’ve done this as I could have been ill 6 weeks ago when I had my original scan so they want to make sure it’s still there. The NHS is great as they don’t want to be sued so they don’t work in absolutes it drives me crazy I had the Dr in 2 sentences tell me I’m having it done and signing my consent forms to telling me I will find out definitely on Wednesday. I don’t know whether I’m coming or going. I can’t tell people/plan what’s happening as I don’t even know myself it’s a nightmare.

Comment

Sorry you have to deal with this! Theres a lot of waiting it seems like.

This whole process involves a lot of tests and waiting time. Even during chemo you have to figure a way to occupy yourself for the other 2/3 of the time you aren't getting treatment.

On the positive side, you'll soon be able to know confidently and start moving on. Let us know of your progress!

Comment

Working...
                    X