Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occasional sensation felt in inner thigh

Hi guys,

I was diagnosed with internal testicular tumor back on May 27 and I felt dull ache in both of my inner thigh. I had my left orchiectomy on June 12. A month from the surgery now , I sometimes feel some sensation in my inner thigh (mostly left). It is not as intense as before (infrequent, few seconds and not painful). To put this on perspective, on a scale of 1-5, the intensity is 5 before surgery and maybe 1 after surgery. Has anyone experienced this before?

The day of my left orchiectomy, my left thigh was numb and unusable for a couple hours. The urologist said that's normal because there's a big nerve that can get aggravated by the procedure. Recently, over a year after the surgery, I've been getting occasional, mild, temporary pains in the left side of my groin. I went back to see him, and he said it was probably that nerve again. I was surprised it could happen that long after the surgery, but he said likely my genitofemoral nerve is just a little aggravated. He told me to take some Aleve, and if I need to I can go back and get a steroid (which I haven't decided on yet because the pain is mild like yours).

Sounds like my discomfort is in a slightly different place from yours, but maybe could have the same or similar cause?
    2/27/18 Pain in left testicle, hard masses in U/S, elevated AFP
    3/7/18 Left I/O
    Stage 1B non-seminoma, post-op AFP normal
    4/2/18 BEPx1

Comment

Working...
    X