X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TCfight
    • Jan 2019

Help increased lymph nodes

Dear all, my boyfriend had intermediate risk tc cancer and got 4 BEP chemo and finished in april in France. 4th month follow up showed us a less dense "cystic" area next to kidney 2 cm and slightly enlarged nodes with normal tumor markers from 5mm to 9,5mm. So I decided to send the CT Scans to Dr. Einhorn via "wetransfer", however he could not open and asked me to send CD forms. I checked the post office and the fastest one takes between 3 to 6 days, and I do not want to lose time. Is there any other way you can suggest me? Thanks for your continuous support!
    Last info: Our hospital also TC excellence center in Paris, however I don't understand their conservative approach for RPLND. And I asked about the type of his teratoma and they simply told me that it is not important. They will decide the following action tomorrow, and if it is surgery then it will be in August. I am afraid that they are waiting a lot. So I am stressful, any help is appreciated. If Dr. Einhorn decides to do operation and gives us an appointment in August, we are ready to go US as well. That's why it is so important that I need to deliver these CT scans to him..
    Last edited by TCfight; 08-06-19, 07:16 AM.
  • Ryan Bi
    • Jul 2018

Hi TCfight,
    I would like to send CD as soon as possible, meantime communicate with Dr. E that you prefer to have RPLND in Indiana. My son had his RPLND done in March by Dr. Cary at IU. We also wait about one month.

Best regards

Amy, Ran’s mom
    Son Ran, 24 years old, 25th May 2018 diagnosed NSGCT. 28th May 2018 right orchiectomy. Pathology:50% EC, 30% Teratoma,20% Yolk sac. CTs: 1 retroperitoneal lymph node 0.7mm Tumor markers: AFP 497, bhcg 19, LDH normal Normalized after R/O. Stage 1, surveillance 17th September 2018, Bhcg elevated up to 5.6 AFP and LDH normal, CT stable. 4th November bhcg up to 28, AFP and LDH normal. BEPx3 started and 2nd January 2019 BEP finished with Tumor markers normalized. 13th February 2019 CT scan showed 1 retroperitoneal lymph node enlarged up to 1.1 cm with normal tumor markers. RPLND : 03/14 2019@IU Dr.Cary Pathology report: one lymph node from 57 is Teretoma .Back to surveillance 05/02/19 Blood work all normal

08/23/2019 Bloodwork, Abdomen CT and Chest X-ray all normal

Comment

• TCfight
      • Jan 2019

Thank you Amy. So only way is to send the hard copy of CD? I hope everything will pass. Is there any reduction for foreign patients. One month waiting time is not too much?

Comment

• Ryan Bi
        • Jul 2018

I think they have to check how many patients are waiting for RPLND. Normally one month is ok. If it is urgent, doctors will try to help you too.
        Son Ran, 24 years old, 25th May 2018 diagnosed NSGCT. 28th May 2018 right orchiectomy. Pathology:50% EC, 30% Teratoma,20% Yolk sac. CTs: 1 retroperitoneal lymph node 0.7mm Tumor markers: AFP 497, bhcg 19, LDH normal Normalized after R/O. Stage 1, surveillance 17th September 2018, Bhcg elevated up to 5.6 AFP and LDH normal, CT stable. 4th November bhcg up to 28, AFP and LDH normal. BEPx3 started and 2nd January 2019 BEP finished with Tumor markers normalized. 13th February 2019 CT scan showed 1 retroperitoneal lymph node enlarged up to 1.1 cm with normal tumor markers. RPLND : 03/14 2019@IU Dr.Cary Pathology report: one lymph node from 57 is Teretoma .Back to surveillance 05/02/19 Blood work all normal

Comment

• Ryan Bi
          • Jul 2018

Also, check the address again, because I was told to use USP(?) to post to IU with the address they told me, otherwise it needs two weeks to reach them!

Comment

• MilanD
            • Aug 2018

Hi TCFight, I sent you private message.

Comment

• TCfight
              • Jan 2019

Thank you for your suggestions.

Comment

• Dook
                • Jun 2014

What's your hospital in Paris ?

Comment

• TCfight
                  • Jan 2019

Hello Dook, our hospital is Saint Louis.

Comment

• Dook
                    • Jun 2014

I sent you a private message.

Comment

• Kelturas
                      • Jan 2017

Hi, i had a RPLND in cologne, germany after 4x BEP. I was stage 3c with about 22mets.

I'm 3 years all clear now.

In cologne is Prof. Dr. Heidenreich. One of the best RPLND experts in the world

Comment

• TCfight
                        • Jan 2019

I will check Dr. Heidenreich with my boyfriend. Before we lived in Germany for 7 years. For him German is not a problem also.

Comment

• TCfight
                          • Jan 2019

We didn't still get any answer from our doctors and waiting is hard. I can't still understand how Einhorn is capable of trying to help everyone overall the world and we have a communication problem with our doctors here.. It is not fair and not easy

Comment

• Kelturas
                            • Jan 2017

You can write him an email. axel.heidenreich at uk-koeln.de

Usually he answers within 1 day.

He also speaks perfect english if german is a problem

Comment

• Kelturas
                              • Jan 2017

you can mail dr heidenreich axel.heidenreich (at) uk-koeln.de
                              usually he answers within 1 day.

he also speaks perfect english if german is a problem

Comment

Working...
                              X