X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your opinion please

I would like you opinions on my chances of being cured already.

Pathology: EC 50%, Seminoma 40%, Teratoma 10%

Markers pre chemo post left i/o: AFP: normal, bHCG: normal, LDH: 360

CT Scan pre-chemo showed retroperitoneal biggest node 1.9cm, mediastinal biggest 2.1cm, lung 4x5cm 5 mets total

Did 4BEP, post chemo CT scan showed under 1cm for retroperitoneal and mediastinal lymph node went from 2.1 to 1.2cm and lung is under surveillance as it went for 4x5cm to 1.8x1.1cm and onc hopes it continues to shrink so he ordered an other CT 6 weeks later.

So no RPLND or Thoracotomy recommended yet.

I can't stop searching and looking at studies and statistics and comparing myself with case summaries from tc-cancer.com. I am worried live cancer is still there in the lung or Teratoma will pop up somewhere on future CT scans.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Webzfactory; 08-14-19, 12:01 AM.

How long after chemo was the CT?
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
      How long after chemo was the CT?
      Just over one week

Comment

Glad to see you are on surveillance! Honestly I would try to stay away from researching stuff and just try not think about it. I know that’s tough because I was the same way after I finished chemo but you will drive yourself crazy.

I had 3 x BEP in June of 2017 with one enlarged node at 1.4 CM. I as well had some Teratoma in my pathology and I will have my 2 year post chemo CT scan coming up in October. I have been all clear even since! Hope this helps!

Comment

Since the CT was so close to the end of chemo,there is a good chance the nodes will shrink further mine did.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
          X