Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPLND recovery

Hi guys,

I am currently 9 days post open surgery and the recovery seems to be going ok so far. My biggest issues are nausea and stomach pains/cramps, especially after a meal.I am not eating large amounts and the time I wake up I'm feeling nauseaus, which actually kept me up a few hours tonight.

I understand that this is major surgery and the stomach does get moved around quite a bit. For those who experienced anything similar, how long did this last for you, and any thing that helped combat it.

Any other recovery tips would be great aswell.

Thanks,

Tal

I was stage 2b and Rplnd about a year ago. Take it easy on the food stay low fat for at least a month. Take it easy on the weights for a while to avoid hernias and do as much yoga as you can once you are back in your feet.

Comment

Thanks for the advice buddy!

Comment

Just keep walking as much as possible. It will take a good couple of months to feel normal again. I had as many side-effects from the damned pain meds as I did from the surgery itself, so weaning yourself off of the pain meds will definitely help as well. Do so slowly and gradually.
        Young Adult Cancer Survivorship by Steve Pake
        April is Testicular Cancer Awareness Month!
        www.stevepake.com
        Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
        My Survivorship Thread | All of my Blogs
        C
        ONTACT ME ANYTIME!

Comment

Working...
        X