Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input please.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Askater112
    started a topic Input please.

    Input please.

    My 20 y/o son was diagnosed w/ left testicular cancer 1/2019 at which time he had a left oophorectomy. Pathology showed embroyanal 60 percent/yolk sac 38 percent and choriocarcinoma 2 percent. Tumor Markers Went To Normal Level And Oncologist Put My Son on Surveillance.
    10/4/19 CT Abd Pelvis Showed New Left Periaortic Retroperitoneal Lymphenopathy the largest lymph node 2.5x2.4x2.5 cm. 10/4 beta hcg 62/afp 184.7 LDH 202
    BEP x3. Last dose 12/16/19.
    12/30/19 CT Chest/Abd/Pelvis Showed Significant Interval Decrease In Size Of Previously Enlarged Retroperitoneal/Para-aortic lymph node 1.2 cm x 0.9 cm x 0.6 cm. Other Smaller Left Retroperitoneal lymph nodes persist if not slightly smaller as well.
    12/2/19 all tumor markers normal.
    My Son's appt. is on Monday. This Sitting and waiting is hard. I Don't Know What The Next Steps Will Be. If It's Surgery I Know We Need A Very Specialized Surgeon That Has Done Many Retro Peritoneal Lymph Node Dissections. We Are From Metro Detroit? Any Recommendations Regarding Info Above And What I Should Do? My Nieces Husband Had A Lymph Node Dissection w/ Dr. Foster. But I Read Today That He Retired.
    Thanks In Advance

  • Davepet
    replied
    Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. Keep us posted as you find out more.

    Leave a comment:


  • Askater112
    replied
    Matt saw the dr today. Recommended surveillance. Next month tumor markers redrawn. Cat scan 2 months from the 12/30 cat scan.

    Nurse practitioner was treating Matt for pneumonia bc a consolidation was shown on cat scan. The dr thinks it’s more likely an effect from bleomycin. He’ll get a pft and possibly start on an inhaler.

    Thanks for all you input.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davepet
    replied
    With the imaging just 2 weeks post chemo, they may just wait a bit more & re-scan. My doc did & it is now undetectable.

    Leave a comment:


  • Webzfactory
    replied
    They will probably recommend to rescan in a couple of weeks as the biggest node is now borderline and could shrink further.

    Leave a comment:


  • billandtuna
    replied
    Hi Skater,
    The sitting and waiting is hard - I hear you on that! There are a lot of us sitting and waiting with you, and hoping that you get the information and guidance you need to get through this.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike
    replied
    With the node still being larger than 1 cm I would anticipate him needing an RPLND. Unless, an expert surgeon, as mentioned, thinks waiting and re-imaging makes sense in case the chemo is still shrinking the node. But with multiple nodes that may not even matter and they may say RPLND is necessary. Dr. Foster is retired but Dr. Clint Cary is at IU now to take his place and Clint is phenomenal. I would go to IU if it were me. You could also look at Cleveland Clinic (Dr. Klein or perhaps Dr. Michael Gong). Dr. Andrew Stephenson was at Cleveland Clinic but just moved to Rush in Chicago so I suppose that is another option.

    Mike

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X