Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swollen nodes 2 yr post chemo

Hello everyone!

Hope everyone is doing good and powering through their own situation.

Recently I had some nodes pop up swollen in the vertical inguinal area (away from the groin and on the leg) and not certain it’s cancer but was wandering if anyone knew of or had a similar situation.

Bout 10 days ago I noticed tenderness when my son kicked me in my groin. I didn’t think anything of it. As each day passed and I wokeUp each morning and I started to feel more sluggish and down as if I had a body cold. Three days later I noticed the swelling accompanies by some noticeable tenderness. Day 5 I finally called my oncologist and they seen me 3 days later from the call (27JAN). Between the call and being seen I started to wonder if I had cat scratch fever. This came to mind because my son was diagnosed with it a week earlier. The oncologist did a full CBC test which came back perfectly normal. I told her to run a cat scratch fever test and she did but said results wouldn’t be back for ten days but went ahead and prescribed me some antibiotics. I’m currently on day three of antibiotics and there is no more tenderness but I don’t believe the nodes have went down!....

I know cat scratch fever sounds crazy but I literally had every symptom and with my son having a confirmed diagnosis and I have 4 cats I’m pretty sure good chance I have it.

Oncologist said no scab at moment let’s take the medicine and follow up in a week. No progress enough come in for scans.

Has anyone else had nodes swell up on the inguinal area from infections and not cancer?

If I had a recurrence right now would the CBC be out of whack?

I know a recurrence for pure seminoma stage 2b 2yrs our from chemo is extremely rare and even more rare to happen in the inguinal area. Especially since I have never had any surgery down in that are at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've had nodes swell from sickness. It is a normal thing for lymph nodes to swell slightly when your body is fighting something.
    6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
    6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
    7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
    7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
    10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
    10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
    4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
    4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
    10/22/19: all clears up to this date!

Comment

Even when you step on the ground with bare feet, the lymph node in the inguinal area swells..

Comment

I would see how the antibiotics do. As you mentioned, it would be a rare presentation for a relapse.

Mike
        Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
        06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
        Surveillance...
        Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
        6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Working...
        X