X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post BEPx3 Test Results

I finished BEPx3 nearly 2 weeks ago. I had blood drawn this past Monday which indicated that my LDH is still slightly elevated. The only other marker that was elevated post-surgery was HCG, which has since normalized. My post-chemo scan will be Feb 10th. I'm freaking out about the LDH, what are the odds it is indicating that cancer is still present? If it matters, my pathology was mixed, primarily Embroynal.

Ldh can take a while to get back. No worries what so ever. If you had any kind of white cells booster like neulesta it might take even longer. Don't stress this out and hopefully you had a good enough response on the scan and your journey in the C world ends here.

Comment

ldh is not a cancer-specific marker, it is a sign of inflamation. There are lots of reasons for it to be elevated, I would not be concerned especially since your hcg normalized.
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

As mentioned, an LDH elevation, on it's own, is nothing to really worry about. All the best on your CT.

Mike
        Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
        06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
        Surveillance...
        Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
        6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

CT scan showed the largest node shrinking from 2.0 x 1.5cm to 1.6x1.1cm. Oncologist referred me back to Urologist. She said the guidelines say surgery, which I'd love to avoid. Ahe also said they may want to re-evaluate in a couple months. Any idea on here?

Comment

If I did the math right, your CT was about 3 weeks after finishing chemo? I would expect that there is a good chance that the node will reduce further going forward. That was what happened to me.

Comment

3 weeks to the day after my last bleo

Comment

I had to dig this up, but my last bleo was on 4/6/2010. Pet scan on 4/20/2010 (2 weeks) showed a reduced, but still enlarged node. My onc was unconcerned. Pet scan on 7/6/2010 didn't even mention an enlarged node. It stayed that way for 5 years until scans were deemed unneeded.

Comment

Thank you for going back and looking. My onc is young and, I hope, being extra cautious.

Comment

I remember speaking to Dr E about post chemo imaging
                    He stated that 6 weeks post treatment is the ideal ideal time frame. You still got alot of stuff going on inside your body 2 or 3 weeks out from chemo.
                    Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
                    Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
                    Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
                    Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
                    April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
                    May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
                    August 7th 2012- BEP complete
                    April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
                    May 2013 RPLND
                    Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
                    Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
                    Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
                    Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
                    Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
                    Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
                    Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
                    Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

This morning I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Pierorazio at Hopkins on the 27th. Hopefully I'll have some clarification then.

Comment

"You will PROBABLY need RPLND. Options are to proceed with RPLND by skilled and experienced urologist or repeat CT in 2 months and if > 1 cm node then proceed with RPLND. Either option appropriate."

Per an unbelievably quick response from Dr. Einhorn.

Comment

Will you wait or go for RPLND now?
                          July 2016 - Left I/O
                          December 2016 - BEPx3
                          3 years all clear + baby after TC!

Take Your Life Back After Cancer 7 Day Challenge - Sign Up Free
                          ---
                          Personal advice on the everyday reality of TC - Testicular Cancer Support Kit
                          ---
                          My book on overcoming key challenges us guys face during cancer - Find Out More
                          ---
                          Listen to expert opinions and survivor insights - Listen to Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

That's the question I keep kicking through my mind. I'm inclined to wait and see. If he believes that it can be done Robot assisted now or if a partial template is possible, that could change my mind. I've read a couple studies that indicate para-aortic nodes can be done without needed to resect the opposite side as well, which I think is a game changer.

Comment

If it were my choice, I'd wait 4-6 weeks & re-scan. It'll either be bigger, smaller or the same. If smaller, obviously things are going in the right direction, otherwise you know what needs to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X