Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update.

So here is where I am!

Jan 22th, bHCG 21, AFP 43,LDH WNL 1.3cm Right Testicular Mass.
    Feb 4th Surgery, Right Testicular Mass 1.6cm
    Pathology Report: 100% Embryonal without LVI, with clear margins and tunica albuginea clean of any invasion. Tumor 1a.Nx

Feb 2/12/2020
    BHCG Undetectable
    Chest CT: CLEAN- Normal Sized Lymph Nodes
    Abdominal CT Scan with Contrast: CLEAN- Normal Sized Lymph Nodes
    Pelvic CT Scan with Contrast: CLEAN- Normal Sized Lymph nodes

Pending: AFP

-I know I still need the AFP but I feel somewhat victorious.
    I have cried tremendously today. I finally felt all my anger, sadness and partial joy from this.

In 2 weeks (Allowing 3-4 half lives of AFP) will be getting my AFP level

March 5th I should be having a Multimodality meeting at the oncology center with Urology Oncology, Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology.

According do Dr. E, if my AFP normalizes which should, this should be considered a Clinical Stage 1a, without LVI and my Cure Rate is at about 70-85% depending on which literature you check.
    Biggest study around appears to be SWENOTECA, and they give me a 85% Cure rate Dr. E ballparked me on 70.

IF this is what happens, I will be choosing surveillance.
    There 20-40% risk of neuropathy, with unknown long lasting effects on morbidity and SMN is not worth over a 15-30% relapse. I use my hands for a living. I'm an internist and I depend on my physical exam findings to treat my patients.

I will keep ya'll posted on my final meeting with the MMR group.

That's great news!! Exactly, you go with what you want are comfortable with.
    July 2016 - Left I/O
    December 2016 - BEPx3
    3 years all clear + baby after TC!

Take Your Life Back After Cancer 7 Day Challenge - Sign Up Free
    ---
    Personal advice on the everyday reality of TC - Testicular Cancer Support Kit
    ---
    My book on overcoming key challenges us guys face during cancer - Find Out More
    ---
    Listen to expert opinions and survivor insights - Listen to Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Sound good, I would do the same. The thing about TC is that, as long as you stick to your surveillance schedule, even if it comes back, the treatments these days still offer a cure.
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
      X