X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post-orchiectomy CT Scan results

Had my second orchiectomy 11/19. My follow-up CT scan summary says, "Multiple new left retroperitoneal lymph nodes concerning for nodal metastasis."

The details: "
    Lymph Nodes: There are multiple new left retroperitoneal lymph nodes. Representative nodule measures 2.3 x 1.6 cm on (series 2 image 45). An additional representative nodule measures 1.7 x 1.6 cm on (series 2 image 39). Surgical changes from retroperitoneal lymph node dissection."

Do lymph nodes grow back? I didn't think they did, but "new ... lymph nodes" seems to suggest they do???

If they do, what are the chances of non-cancerous lymph nodes growing back after an RPLND 10 years ago? I've had several CT scans since I got re-diagnosed in 07/19, and none have mentioned new lymph nodes.

I don't see my oncologist until Feb 18th. I know, it's weird I get the results beforehand. Anybody experience this that could shed some light?

---

12/2009: 1st orchiectomy; non-seminoma
    02/2010: RPLND
    11/2019: 2nd orchiectomy: seminoma
    Last edited by rybepi; 02-13-20, 12:29 AM.

By "new" they mean "newly enlarged" it's just a shorthand. I assume your first was the right boy & your second the left? My oncologist says they never remove all the nodes in an RPLND as that would create problems.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Ok, that makes more sense. Now to wait for the news from the medical team...

Comment

Ok, that makes more sense. Now to wait for the news from the medical team...

Comment

Sorry to hear that some of the nodes have shown up. At that size, not that they are huge, but I would assume that they may be talking about needing chemotherapy this time. Let us know how the appointment goes and wishing you all the best.

Mike
          Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
          06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
          06.26.06 Left I/O
          06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
          06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
          Surveillance...
          Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
          6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Working...
          X