Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During surveillance Elevated marker levels

Hello guys I’m new to the site,

I had left inguinal orchiectomy January 10 2020 and soon after the surgery my blood Alfa fetoprotein levels were in normal range so I was put on surveillance now two months later my AFP levels are at 2,799 and HCG of 44! So the doctor stated it seems to may have spread but that level of AFP scares me I am emotionally drained I’m not sure what severity it is or how treatable it can be .tomorrow I’ll be doing ultrasound and CT SCANs again. But this is destroying me mentally.

Hello Roly,

of course this is destroying you mentally, you'll have to find a "distraction" or you'll be very bad all these days, waiting for the tests, and then waiting for the results... it will be a very long time.

The AFP and the HCG may show that there is cancer alive somewhere, BUT how treatable is it?

The TC is the most curable cancer in the world, so please, try to not imagine the worst scenario, and try to hope for the best.

There is a chance you won't need chemo, and if not, there is a very very high chance that with the first line of treatment you'll get a cure.

Best of lucks.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to respond @Hermana

Comment

You're welcome Roly. We are here if you need it.

Please, trust that everything's going to be fine, one way or another, there are many who have beaten this.

Keep us informed.

Comment

Hi Roly! Sorry to hear you are going through this. As Hermana said many of us here have gone through and beaten this! A year ago, I was actually at the exact same position you were. I had done surveillance and a few months after they found tumor in my CT in the retroperineal so I was put on BEP (from January to March 2019). I'm back to normal now! Blood is totally normal, hair is back and living life in quarantine!

That being said, the mental game and the taxing impact all of this has is big, but you can only take it day by day. For now, get your CT and the results and see what the doctors say. Know that you are in good hands and that you will get through this! That is all you can do! Stay positive and use this forum as a resource. There are so many smart and helpful people in this group, it really is unbelievable the support it brings.

Comment

Thank you guys so much for the support ! I got the results today looks like it spread to my left lymph nodes stage 3 and I have to start chemo , I’m a healthy 31 year old for the most part at least but this is still terrorizing it’s a seminoma, embryonal carcinoma mix . Have You all had any experience with how well embryonal carcinoma reacts to chemo ?
            I’ve read seminomas respond well most of the time sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes.

Comment

Both Seminoma and Embryonal get dead pretty quick with 3xBEP, just do it, knowing you will get through it fine. Life goes on after.
              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Embyonical & seminoma die very well with BEP I have no doubt you will,survive,.

Comment

Thank you Dave looks like you had it rough man I appreciate your input lots of respect to you. 1975!!!

Comment

Thank you Dave looks like you had it rough man I appreciate your input lots of respect to you.1975!!!

Going to take some melatonin to help me sleep good night to you all thanks

Comment

Yup, your case while scary is so far pretty textbook. No reason to believe at this point you will not be part of the 90%+ that end up cured.
                      6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
                      6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
                      7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
                      7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
                      10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
                      10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
                      4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
                      4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
                      10/22/19: all clears up to this date!

Comment

Hi Roly, at least you've done your tests and you know where you stand - now it's time for treatment! You've got the best on it, a proven treatment that so many of us here went through and we're still here!! For now, what are some of the things you can do to take your mind off things and keep yourself busy? Catch up on a hobby, on books you put away to the side, or a project that you haven't go around to, maybe friends you haven't spoken to in a while?
                        July 2016 - Left I/O
                        December 2016 - BEPx3
                        3 years all clear + baby after TC!

Take Your Life Back After Cancer 7 Day Challenge - Sign Up Free
                        ---
                        Personal advice on the everyday reality of TC - Testicular Cancer Support Kit
                        ---
                        My book on overcoming key challenges us guys face during cancer - Find Out More
                        ---
                        Listen to expert opinions and survivor insights - Listen to Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Very true, good advice from the vets!

Comment

Originally posted by Roly3189 View Post
                            Thank you Dave looks like you had it rough man I appreciate your input lots of respect to you.1975!!!

Going to take some melatonin to help me sleep good night to you all thanks
                            I had a cake walk compared to some others, in all honesty, There was never a doubt about the outcome. Not everyone is so lucky....

Comment

@davepet yea I figure they’re not here to input there challenges. 😢

Comment

Working...
                              X