Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swollen Lymph Nodes

Hi all -
    Had my orchiectomy back in December. Was diagnosed with Stage IB and decided to go the surveillance route. First round of surveillance went well. Second round the tech who read my CT scan thought he saw some growth in my para aortic and retroperitoneal lymph nodes. My care team reviewed and did not seem to confirm these findings and I continued on with my surveillance. I completed my 3rd round of tests/scans last week and I’m a little worried. I also have Crohn’s disease, but have been recently experiencing some unusual discomfort in my lower abdomen. My doctors released my ultrasound and X-ray from yesterday, but still nothing on the CT scan. I am a bit nervous and it has me asking:

For those of you who have experienced swollen lymph nodes from metastasis, what were the symptoms if there were symptoms at all? I can’t find much, but I’m just interested. Hopefully I’ll find out more soon, but this waiting game each time is horrible!

I had cancer in the lymph nodes. They were both under 5cm and I did not have any pain or symptoms at all. But I do understand that the technician is not the person making the report - it's the radiologist on duty who sends it to your care team. Your care team then would decide if anything needs to be done - if they haven't, it's likely because the report is clean. But you can ask, and even ask to read the report - they should be cool with that to give you peace of mind!!
    July 2016 - Left I/O
    December 2016 - BEPx3
    3 years all clear + baby after TC!

Take Your Life Back After Cancer 7 Day Challenge - Sign Up Free
    ---
    Personal advice on the everyday reality of TC - Testicular Cancer Support Kit
    ---
    My book on overcoming key challenges us guys face during cancer - Find Out More
    ---
    Listen to expert opinions and survivor insights - Listen to Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by JoeTheAstronaut View Post
      I had cancer in the lymph nodes. They were both under 5cm and I did not have any pain or symptoms at all. But I do understand that the technician is not the person making the report - it's the radiologist on duty who sends it to your care team. Your care team then would decide if anything needs to be done - if they haven't, it's likely because the report is clean. But you can ask, and even ask to read the report - they should be cool with that to give you peace of mind!!
      In the past everything has gotten released to my electronic medical record for me to view. Last time they released everything but the CT scan results until they could explain the situation to me. This time I’ve gotten everything but the CT scan results once again (which are most important!) It’s pretty nerve wracking at this point, but interesting to hear you experienced no symptoms in your case!

Comment

It is actually more common to NOT have symptoms that it is to HAVE symptoms, not that that helps much.
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Hi KG

I'm currently finishing off chemo for stage2B lymph node metastasis. I do feel the odd sensation in the abdomen but whether that's the cancer or normal stomach ache I'm not sure, I would imagine the latter with myself just been over aware or sensations in that area only due to having been told it is there..

The cancer really has not given me any symptoms since starting pre orchiectomy. I would say unexplained weight loss was the only cancer like symptom I have had. All other pains symptoms and sufferings have come at the hands of the cure going through the chemo, now that is when you really start to feel like a cancer sufferer lol.

Had nobody told me post orchiectomy I would have known nothing about it spreading or that it was even still there.

best of luck hopefully you just had an over zealous tech

deekz

Comment

Working...
          X