Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Years Cancerversary with a twist?

Hi all,

I wanted to have a moan and to get things off my chest.

I haven't been on here for a few years.

After my 5-year surveillance programme ended in 2015, I decided it would be better for my mental health if I didn't come on here daily reading posts that kept reminding me of my battle against TC. I enjoyed the sense of brotherhood and community spirit of this forum, but reading posts daily made me anxious. My anxiety started after my TC diagnosis in 2010, at the age of 26.

So in where am I now?

2015 - Once my oncologist discharged me from surveillance. I brought a house that is 2 hours away from my hometown with my girlfriend now wife.

2016-2017 - We finally moved into our new house. I changed jobs twice, and we got married.

2018 - Our son was born! It was fantastic going through pregnancy with my wife. I loved attending the scans, buying furniture and clothes. I thought it would be not easy to conceive due to me only having one testicle.

2019 - First full year of being a dad! My son's first birthday, first holiday abroad and first Christmas. It was a great year! I loved it!

2020 - Well, what can I say? Probably, one of the worst years in living memory due to covid?

I got to the huge milestone of 10 years on 26th September 2020!

Not long after my cancerversary, my remaining testicle began to feel strange. I kept getting these dull achy sensations that came and went. I can't feel any lumps, and it's definitely not a sexually transmitted disease. I have been feeling lethargic, I get random headaches and brain fog similar to when I was on BEP.

I hope it's not TC again!

I have managed to get an ultrasound scan booked, but I am waiting for an appointment for my blood test. With all our attention focused on beating Covid-19, it isn't easy getting appointments with doctors and other health professionals.

Sorry for the long and incoherent ramble! I needed to get my feelings out and get things off my chest as my anxiety has gone through the roof!

Thanks for reading,
    Roger
    Last edited by Osaka_23; 10-13-20, 07:51 AM.
    Malignant teratoma undifferentiated (MTU), teratoma differentiated (TD); and classical seminoma.

Size of testis: 45 x 25 x 25 mm
    Spermatic cord: 80 mm in length
    Location of tumour: Testicular parenchyma
    Size of tumour: 25 mm
    Surface of tumour: irregular and nodular

‎"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. Thatís why we call it the present!
    "

Lethargy, headaches & brain fag sound more like an infection than TC. Have you been tested recently for covid?
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
      Lethargy, headaches & brain fag sound more like an infection than TC. Have you been tested recently for covid?
      Hi Dave,

I remember you ou from back in 2010. It is amazing you are still on here actively supporting and giving advice to everyone.

I don't know what it is I have got. I am concerned it my be a reoccurrence of TC. The aches from my left testicle reminds me of my first occurrence. Hopefully, the ultrasound scan and blood test will confirm I am fine.

I have been feel like this for 3 weeks. It's difficult getting appointments with a Dr.
      Malignant teratoma undifferentiated (MTU), teratoma differentiated (TD); and classical seminoma.

‎"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. Thatís why we call it the present!
      "

Comment

Well, keep in mind that TC is normally painless, and an infection can cause things to ache,

Keep us posted when you get to a doc!

Dave

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Trying to get appointments during the Covid -19 pandemic hasn't been easy.

Anyway, I thought I would give an update.

My bloodwork came back normal and there weren't any tumour markers.

The ultrasound scan shows no lumps but I have microlithiasis on my left testicle.

Wikipedia: Testicular microlithiasis is an unusual condition diagnosed with testicular ultrasound. It is found in between 1.5 to 5% of normal males and may be found in up to 20% of individuals with subfertility. It is an asymptomatic, non-progressive disease.

My GP referred me to a Urologist. I went for a physical examination which has found no obvious causes for me testicle discomfort.

The urologist said most men have general discomfort from time to time. He also said I need to at least check my left testicle once a month.

"

Comment

Good news! Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
            X