X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ccross
    • Jan 2010

pain after orchiectomy

I already posted this problem on a differant thread but decided to start a new one anyways. I had a right orchiectomy three years ago. I have numbness, soreness, sharp pains, and burning from ejaculation below the incision towards my right leg. About once a month the incision blisters. I have had ultrasounds and second opinions only to find "nothing but fatty tissue". I have simply dealt with this hoping it would get better. The problem is that yesterday during ejaculation the burning pain doubled me over, it felt like a fire inside, much much worse than usual. I no longer have insurance and the surgeon pretty much told me tough luck. I dont know what to do since i dont really feel like giving up sex.
  • ukboyuk
    • Oct 2008

I still have numbness from one year ago but I gather this is normal due to inevitably interfering with some nerves.

What amazes me is that you have a three year old wound that still blisters? Are you saying that you have a weeping wound after all this time? Is it infected?
    100% classical seminoma (I-A, RTI). Surveillance (no adjuvant therapy). 4 years all-clear and hoping for many more.

Comment

• gilly6993
      • Nov 2009

I'm sorry about your troubles....pain and a weeping blistering wound after all this time is far from normal...I would search a second opinion from an outside surgeon....
      19 Nov 09 Dx Metastaic Seminoma
      25 Nov 09 Right I/O....Primary tumor burned out
      Stage IIB
      4 JAN 10 - 2 MAR 10 3XBEP
      7 APR 10 All Clear....Surveillance

Comment

• ccross
        • Jan 2010

Maybe "monthly" is an overstatement. Basically over a dozen times since the operation what appears like a bad "zit" happens. I dont know if it is infected since the doctors dont know. I no longer have health insurance so seeing a doctor now is prohibitively expensive for me. I basically need to know if anyone else has had these types of problems for this long. If so I will wait it out, if not i will look into financing options.

Comment

• gilly6993
          • Nov 2009

it could be an ingrown hair....
          19 Nov 09 Dx Metastaic Seminoma
          25 Nov 09 Right I/O....Primary tumor burned out
          Stage IIB
          4 JAN 10 - 2 MAR 10 3XBEP
          7 APR 10 All Clear....Surveillance

Comment

• ukboyuk
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by gilly6993 View Post
            it could be an ingrown hair....
            That's what I'm thinking. I had one of those when the shaved hair growed back at the incision.

In fact, there was one hair about 3mm long that just looked encased in skin. I was afraid that it might be growing down and into the skin.

So I took a razor blade to it and tried to cut the skin to free it. Did not really succeed but the eventual scabbing over I think got it out. Turned out it wasn't growing but the hair was just "dead" under my skin. Glad I got rid of it though.
            100% classical seminoma (I-A, RTI). Surveillance (no adjuvant therapy). 4 years all-clear and hoping for many more.

Comment

• Paul54
              • Oct 2007

Could also be subcutaneous stitch material that didn't dissolve. I have small pieces that surface once in a while. That shouldn't be causing that much pain, though. As far as your surgeon goes, I doubt he would buy a car with only a 3 year warranty and I think he owes you more service regardless of your insurance situation. Ask for copies of all your medical records. Then decide whether you should take your case to a state medical board or some sort of medical consumer advocacy organization. Also, a dermatologist might be of more help.
              "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
              Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

Comment

• peetsjunkie
                • Mar 2009

Wow! Someone else that has the same issue as me! I haven't been able to find out why this is happening to me as well. I get a severe sharp burning pain that feels like I have taken a knife to the stomach. It feels like it's on fire and the pain radiates there for quite some time. Doctor thought it was my ilioinguinal nerve but I'm not so sure at this point. I'm still trying to find out what's wrong.

Comment

• mikel0181
                  • Feb 2012

I had a radical orchiectomy on the right side. Marginal numbness. I only had a small >1cm blister when a year old stitching came out from the operation. I do sometimes get severe burning pain on the right side in the inguinal region below the scar on ejaculation. Sometimes its severe, sometimes it’s very mild, and most of the time it is nonexistent. I suspect three possibilities in order of likeliness:

1) Neuropathy, damaged nerves and healing nerves can fire unpredictably. A strong stimulus like orgasm might be triggering something that is nerve related only.
                  2) Vas Deferens spasms during or leading up to ejaculation. The vas deferens is no longer anchored since it was severed during orchiectomy. Perhaps smooth muscle twitches are causing it to move around causing pain.
                  3) Retrograde ejaculation into the vas deferens may be swelling it or even leaking out into the pelvis if it has recanalized as is common in vasectomies. The swelling from backpressure or leakage may cause pain/burning.

I can’t help but to wonder if your repeated blistering is a result of your body mounting an immune response against sperm that has leaked from the vas deferens. It doesn’t seem likely at all, but it is something to think about.

Comment

• SomeGreyBloke
                    • Mar 2018

Hello guys, I know its an old thread, but am facing this very issue, has anyone ever manages to get any answers or treatment for this? Thank you

Comment

• Dsyejaculation
                      • Mar 2019

Ä° know the reason of Your pain. Ä°f you interested contact with me....

Comment

Working...
                      X