Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul54
    • Oct 2007

Hi, Greg. Very good to hear from you, but so very sorry to hear about your friend and your neuropathy. Please let your friend know he is very welcome here, and that he has our prayers for the best outcome possible.

Best, Paul.
    "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
    Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

Comment

• AdrianE
      • Oct 2008

Hello there,

Sorry to be late catching up with your thread here. I am just over the water in downtown Vancouver. I had a laugh at your description of the lab results mix-up, I can relate to that. MSP medical may be free for all, but it sure does pay to be informed and to keep your own files of results as a back-up.

Congratulations for the good results. Take it easy with the lifting, eh?
      Keep us updated,

Adrian
      Diagnosed Bilateral TC August 2008
      Left I/O August '08, Stage I Teratoma
      Right I/O November '08, Seminoma
      Surveillance- All Clear Nov '09
      Testosterone Cypionate TRT

Comment

• MRMRSU
        • Jun 2007

Greg...I hope you can encourage your buddy to post in case he could use some on-line support. I'm sure you have given him comfort...just knowing he's not alone in this is a huge weight off one's shoulders.

I hope the neuropathy is bearable and that the meds continue to help in some way. Take care!
        Maria
        *Hubby Andy diagnosed 02/13/07, Left IO 02/16/07 *Stage 1A Non-Seminoma (65% Immature Teratoma / 35% Embryonal Carcinoma) *RPLND 04/27/07 Lymph Nodes-ALL CLEAR
        *Complications from Chylous Ascites so Laparotomy 05/03/07 *No food for 10 weeks, TPN only *07/18/07 Removed drains, tubes, picc line *CT Scan 07/31/07-ALL CLEAR
        *CT Scan 02/12/08-ALL CLEAR *Hydrocele surgery 06/19/08 *CT Scan 9/30/08 and 03/06/09 shows <cm left lung nodule - under surveillance

Comment

• greg176
          • Apr 2008

My friend went to the oncologist and they found something that should have come out in orchiectomy, not in lymph nodes.They are going to give him 3x chemo.I don't know what probably EP. I talked with him for about an hour yesterday about what to watch for.Hope he has an easy go with it.Will keep posted as I get more info.

Comment

• greg176
            • Apr 2008

Glad to report another all clear for me today.Can't help getting nervous as appointment with Oncologist approaches.Glad today is over.My friend mentioned earlier is doing well.They looked again at his scans and found him to be all clear and he is also on monitoring.He did well to catch it early.All the best to everyone here for Christmas.

Comment

• GoBigBlue!!!
              • Dec 2009

Awesome news!! Merry Christmas and have a fun New Years!
              Right I/O Aug 2008
              Embryonal Carcinoma
              Mets in Lymph Nodes - Stage II B
              3xBEP @ Vanderbilt Sep-Nov 08
              Surveillance Dec 08 - present
              2 Year All Clear 1/13/2011!

Comment

• greg176
                • Apr 2008

Saw Oncologist in Victoria today for follow up.Two years now since RPLND and all clear.
                Neuropathy has become much more manageable with vitamins.Major change was I added a 50mg zinc tablet to my regular vitamins and poof no more pins and needles.I discovered this reading book "Nutritional Healing by Phyllis Balch".I was looking up tendinitis for my wife and found zinc in list of recommended vitamins, so thought I would try it. I have been working hard all summer on my feet and little to no pain.Hope this will help anyone else with same problem.

Comment

• Aegean
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2008

Congrats, two years is indeed a milestone to celebrate. Thanks for the tip on zinc as well!!!
                  Best,

Zsolt

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another; "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S Lewis

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” - C.S. Lewis

Mass found 11/20/08
                  Left I/O 11/25/08
                  Pathology: Seminoma, Stage 1
                  Surveillance: All Clear since

Comment

• Paul54
                    • Oct 2007

Hi, Greg. Great to hear from you. Congrats! Happy Second!
                    "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
                    Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

Comment

• Smartie
                      • Mar 2006

Hi Greg. Nice to see your post, and congratulations!
                      Nick

Embryonal Carcinoma; Seminoma. Marker negative.
                      August 2001: Right I/O .
                      August - December 2001: Surveillance .
                      December 2001: Relapse - Stage III. Mets in lymph nodes and lung.
                      December 2001 - March 2002: 3xBEP .
                      Complications: Neutropaenic sepsis during cycles 1 & 3. I/V antibiotics and isolation.

March 2012 - Ten years since finishing chemo.

Survivorship Blog is here

Comment

Working...
                      X