glad I could help brian...I check back in often and will offer any solutions I can...the odds are significantly in your favor....but my experience with chemo was quite positive...the worst side effect from 5-7 years ago and earlier was the nausea, which leads to all other problems...most of the nausea issues have been solved by all the new meds...
I told others starting out that we've all had the flu before...and if someone ever told you a week ahead of time what you'd be experiencing you'd be scared to death...chemo is much longer than the flu, but I'd tell you that I've felt 10x worse with flu's I've had...chemo for me was just feeling very tired, weak and odd...
but this weekend on sat I did 2 hours of yardwork, went swimming again, took my son to the shooting range and hit some golf balls with him...I feel fine now...and I finished just several weeks back.
On your gun collection, during my home time, I cut down a couple stocks and added pachmayr F990 pads which I grinded down for a nice fit...been wanting to do that for a year....always something positive to look at I suppose.
- lump first noticed 11/20/2005
- I/O right Dec 8, 2005
- 95% embryonal / 5% seminoma
- normal markers PRE surgery
- no vascular invasion, tunica free of cancer, epididymis free of cancer, lungs free, lymph free
- Stage I diagnosis
- mid feb '06, beta hcg slightly elevated = 4.6...small enlarged lower node seen on CT scan...
- 3BEP began feb 20, 2006
- finished 3 BEP, last bleo, april 17, 2006
- CT scan, blood markers, chest..all clear
- back on surveillance