kimberly passed away at 1am this morning after battling for almost 4 years. I'm fortunate that I was able to spend some time with her, and her family, at hospice during the past week.
I appreciate that I was able to post her story on this forum; to be able to share it with all of you.
Early on I thought that perhaps she would defy all odds and survive, but I suppose it was not meant to be.
Please keep her husband and kids in your thoughts and prayers...it will most likely be a very difficult time for them.
- lump first noticed 11/20/2005
- I/O right Dec 8, 2005
- 95% embryonal / 5% seminoma
- normal markers PRE surgery
- no vascular invasion, tunica free of cancer, epididymis free of cancer, lungs free, lymph free
- Stage I diagnosis
- mid feb '06, beta hcg slightly elevated = 4.6...small enlarged lower node seen on CT scan...
- 3BEP began feb 20, 2006
- finished 3 BEP, last bleo, april 17, 2006
- CT scan, blood markers, chest..all clear
- back on surveillance