Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TruckerJon
    started a topic 2x tc newbie FIRST TIME POSTING

2x tc newbie FIRST TIME POSTING

Hello everyone this is my first time posting. I was diagnosed with testicular cancer when I was 19 and I had it removed. Last week I was diagnosed with testicular cancer again(I’m 31 now) and this time I will be having to to chemo. I got the 2nd one out and I’m healing up now. I also haven’t had any testosterone and I haven’t been sleeping but about 3 hours in a 24 hour period and I’m having hot flashes and no energy. I’m supposed to meet with doc next week and get some more test run and talk about chemo. I didn’t have to do chemo last time and don’t know what to expect. Was wondering if you guys that have done chemo fill me in so I can know how I’m going to feel and what to expect. The cancer I have this time is aggressive and it has spread. It’s called Embryonal carcinoma. Also wondering what type of testosterone y’all are on. Thanks for all the info! Update: I just received my testosterone today and it’s a clear gel I rub on my back. What are y’all using for testosterone?

• Davepet
    replied
    Fatigue was my worst symptom, I had very little nausea, ringing is still with me. Most guys start feeling a bit better by Mon-Tue of week 2, almost normal end of week 3, then it starts over. You'll get through it like so many before you have

Leave a comment:

• TruckerJon
    replied
    Well I’m a couple weeks in and this chemo is kicking my butt. No energy and lots of nausea. Ears ring constantly and my tastes buds are whacked and just feel like crap. Hoping for better days. Much love!

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    That sounds like 3xBEP, as far as hair, mine started falling out around week 3, then I shaved it. Please keep us posted as things move forward

Leave a comment:

• TruckerJon
    replied
    Thanks for the response. I’m not sure why they delayed the T but I’ve been on it for a couple weeks now and I’m feeling a lot better! My incision is healed up and I’m feeling pretty good. Tomorrow (Friday) I am going for a picc line and a chemo class. I start my chemo on Monday the 24th. I will be doing chemo Monday through Friday the first week and on tues the 2nd week and Tuesday the 3rd week then I start over again. It’s looking like I’ll be doing chemo for a little less than 3 months. They will be using bleomycin etoposide cisplatin for my chemo batch. They said I will lose my hair. Would y’all go ahead and shave your head before or wait? Thanks! Much love!

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    Why did they delay the testosterone? T is very important for maintaining muscle mass & other functions beyond sexual function. That said, you should be able to have erections & orgasms once your T levels return to normal. While your ejaculate will not contain sperm, it should not appear different than normal.

Leave a comment:

• TruckerJon
    replied
    Thanks for the response. I will be going back Tuesday so hopefully we will tell me what chemo and what stage I am and will post and let y’all know. I was without the testosterone for a couple weeks and I’m experiencing hot flashes about every 45 minutes to an hour. My sleep schedule is still wack. I’m only sleeping about 4 hours a day. Hopefully that testosterone will help with that. Will I be able to have erections? I’m hoping the testosterone will help with that. I’m just 31 years old with a wife and 2 kids. Thanks for the info. Much love

Leave a comment:

• Davepet
    replied
    I have been on 3 different gels (Testim Androgel & Generic Androgel), all worked well for me, I didn't like the odor from the Testim. Due to an insurance issue I am now on injections once every 3 weeks. They don't seem to work as well, but well enough, & certainly more convenient than daily applications of gels.Every guy is different, so what works best for on e may not work at all for another.

I assume you are getting 3xBEP? Again each guy is a bit different. For most, modern meds keep nausea to a minimum, some not so much, appetites vary from normal to nothing sounds good, I ate fine but wanted foods I rarely eat normally, expect to be tired most pf the time. All symptoms seemed worst for me the few days after the last dose of the long week & improve a bit on the two short weeks. Each course the symptoms seemed to be worse for me.

Some develop ringing in the ear &/or nueropathy in fingers or toes which may or may not ease once chemo is done.

Keep us posted as things move forward & feel free to ask questions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X