X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 years all clear

I was diagnosed with TC back in April 2019. Markers before I/O: AFP- 12 ng/ml, B-HCG- 2.2 mIU/ml. I had two tumors, the large one was 2.3 cm. Pathology was Seminoma with Embryonal Carcinoma (the percentage was not mentioned). LVI was negative. I opted for active surveillance. My 24 month CT came back clean. I am planning to pursue my PhD which requires me to leave my country (Nepal); I will definitely come back for yearly follow ups. But in the back of my mind there is always a fear of relapse. Anyone who has faced/is facing similar situation? What are the odds of relapse after 24 months? The probability of relapse should reduce after 24 months, shouldn't it?
    Last edited by PP Pukucha; 04-27-21, 09:22 AM.

Yes, the vast majority of relapse seem to happen in first two years, not sure exactly what your probability is

Congrats on the 2 year mark!
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

From he work out of Toronto on Conditional Risk of Relapsing in the next 5-years at the 24 month post-orchiectomy with stage Ia nonseminoma they reported a risk of relapse of <1.7% https://www.auajournals.org/doi/pdf/...o.2017.02.2404 is the abstract that has the best view of the chart and the full publication, no available in full-text, is at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...183?via%3Dihub

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response!

Comment

Working...
        X