Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 years

Hello all,

It was 3 years ago yesterday that my husband was diagnosed. I can't believe it has been so long. It feels like yesterday and a million years ago all at once.

He hasn't had his official 3-year check-up yet but did have markers done at his regular doctor which were all negative. So I am feeling cautiously optimistic.

I am a little uncomfortable that his surveillance schedule will no longer include imaging but then again I am always a little uncomfortable since diagnosis.

We are both still learning how to live life after cancer. Seems we can't quite shake the fear of the next bad thing coming around the corner, and he is still making peace with the experience and how it has changed him.

I wanted to come back here and thank everyone who helped me during his diagnosis and treatment. It was the hardest thing we have gone through and this place was the only source of support and educated advice we received.

So thank you! And to anyone who finds themselves here scared and overwhelmed, you are not alone and things can get better
    2/7/18- Husband diagnosed
    2/12/18- I/O- Stage 1b 99% embryonal carcinoma 1%seminoma/yolk -CT's clear -All markers in normal range
    3/12/18-4/1/18 Adjuvant BEPx1
    4/12/19- ONE YEAR ALL CLEAR
    4/15/20- Two year all clear
    4/2/21 Three years all clear

Glad he is doing well and thanks for the update!
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Awesome to hear that you both are doing well and congratulations on the 3 year cancerversary!!!

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Hi Melanie,
        Glad to hear your husband is doing well.

I feel the same, my partner was diagnosed with non seminoma got his 3 yr all clear last july.

This year for the 4 year check it is only a bloodtest, then a scan and bloods again at 5 years then nothing after that.

We are in Australia.

Im nervous about the 4 year check because his bloods have alwayds been nornal even at the time of diagnosis. So im nervous about this.

I really want him to have a 10 year survelliance plan not 5 .

Comment

Emj, has he brought those concerns up with his doc?
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
          X