Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried

Hi Good People,

2.5 years since 3x BEP after removal of right. Everything has been normalish until today LDH is 265 with reference range of 110 Units/L - 250 Units/L. Haven't been able to exercise and haven't been eating healthy these past 3 months. Am really scared. AFP normal. Haven't gotten HCG back yet. Feel cold and dull ache in left groin that's gotten progressively worst and haven't felt okay for over a month. Lost 10 pounds in a week but could be from stress and not eating as much. Any support appreciated. Many thanks!

LDH is not a specific tumor marker,it is a measure of inflammation & many things can cause it to rise. Yours is only slightly above normal & I would not be concerned at this point, certainly, keep an eye on it, though.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Agree that the LDH in and of itself wouldn't be a worry to me but if I were having symptoms in the other testicle, then I wouldn't hesitate on having it looked at by a physician.

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Thank you Mike and Davepet for all that you do. Having other symptoms so, namely the remaining one and area felt cold and shruken, complete loss of libido, lower left back pain, lower left hip, goin and upper left leg pain and tingling.

Been eating tons of tofu for a most of this year, like a pound a day at one point, as part of dieting to keep weight down because I thought it was a healthy replacement for meat and eggs. Didn't know about isoflavones and how they are like estrogen. Am deeply concerned now that I unknowingly messed up my hormones, my remaining one, and put myself at risk for reccurance. Been noticing things have been different downstairs but assumed it was stress related, lack of sleep and exercise.

Onc. sent me for an ultrasound on the remaining because of LDH+other symptoms and they couldn't find anything. HCG marker results not back yet and have taken up to 7 days to post in past. Have urology consult and CT scan this week. Terrified I messed up my hormones and triggered a recurrence with eating all the Tofu. This is the first time I've had an other than normal range tumor marker since chemo.

Any comments with insight, experience, and words of support would be greatly appreciated!
        Last edited by hektor2; 04-25-21, 07:50 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Adding to my story here in hopes of getting more encouragement and support. Currently early 40s. Initial diagnosis late 30s. HCG came back normal. Really worried I messed up my hormones and my remaining with the tofu overconsumption these past b2 months and caused atrophy in the remaining. Kind of freaking out. I have been otherwise okay-ish since after chemo. Been going through some serious regrets these past few days and have been kicking myself for being so dumb and not having been more diligent about not researching tofu and soy products enough. Any experience anyone has had with atrophy in the remaining is appreciated
          Last edited by hektor2; 04-27-21, 04:50 AM.

Comment

I have not heard of any problems related to tofu. Excessive amounts of anything probably best avoided
            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
            X