Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRT after 2nd orchiectomy. Any bloodwork to do beforehand, and tips on transition?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRT after 2nd orchiectomy. Any bloodwork to do beforehand, and tips on transition?

Having a second orchitectomy, described in the 2x thread. But have a couple of TRT questions I figured I'd ask here.

Bloodwork: I've heard mentioned it can be good to get some blood markers beforehand. Any I should aim for? I have already had T and free T measured as part of followup for the first one. I know I basically only have a couple weeks to measure any of the others while I still have a testicle, so figured I'd check if there's anything I should measure.

Smoothing the transition: Doctor wants to get me started on androgel a couple days before the surgery. Other than this, is there anything I should do in terms of having a smooth transition to new hormones? I'd like to not lose too much fitness and be in a good place productivity wise, rather than languishing hormonally for a couple of months. Any common pitfalls to avoid or things that help?

Best form? Have heard injections a few times a week may be the best form, but don't really know. Anything you guys have found you like the most? Androgel probably simplest to start on.

Dosage: My T was never that high, and my free T was always rock bottom. So I may have been hypogonadal for years. Given that, what should I aim for in terms of levels?

Your doc's plan sounds good, my doc wouldn't start TRT for 2 weeks, it was rough. Some guys transition easily, others have difficulty getting their levels right, so might be a while to settle in. I've used Testim, Androgel Generic T and now injections.All worked well, injections once every 3 weeks is by far more convenient, but I felt the Felt the generic gel worked best.You should aim for the normal range, it is impossibly wide, so an easy target.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Hi,

Sorry you're going through this and hopes all works out for you.

I had my op in January (now all clear thankfully). I received a Sustanon injection the day afterwards and every three weeks thereafter - it feels like I've been walloped across the buttocks for 3 days afterwards but it's a small price when I consider what might have been. The Consultant has asked about whether I might try the Nebido (13-weekly) but I've re-prescribed on the Sustanon for another 5 doses so I'll look at it again in a couple of months.

(I've decided against the gel as I'm still living with my mother who has DVT issues and I don't want to risk any transfer via towels/seats etc...)

Comment

Just so you are informed, the risk of transfer of gel is extremely overblown.( they put it on the guy's abdomen & had them rub for 15 minutes, & only doubled her normal levels of T). The recommended application site is the shoulders, & a t-shirt offers adequate protection.

Comment

Thanks Dave, that's useful to know if I decide to change in the future...

Comment

Update: androgel seems to be working well for me. It’s definitely an improvement in energy mood and libido compared to before. Will find numbers later at followup.

Comment

Glad to hear that. Some guys struggle to bget that right. Let us know what yojur 3's are when you can.

Comment

Working...
              X