Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about TC spread to brain..

TC - I/O Feb 2018.
    No marker was ever elevated. Diagnosis was Stage 1a Pure Seminoma.
    Surveillance.
    CT Scan clear for 2.5 years (last one July 2020) and last Chest XRay in June 2019.
    I have been experiencing worrisome headaches for past few months that went from looking like regular tension headaches to something more concerning (slight nausea, located in back and right side of head, some dizziness, intensity is increasing)
    My Stanford doctor ordered an MRI to check with possible tumor but they are backed up until Dec 22. Kinda freaking out waiting...
    My questions: I understand only choriocarcinoma TC can spread to brain. Is that accurate?
    Could Choriocarcinoma (or other type that can spread to brain) have been missed during diagnosis ?
    Of course also worried about second testicle although nothing I can feel.
    Could it bypass the lungs and reach the brain first?

It would be very rare for TC to be present in your brain without metastasis elsewhere first. I think nearly everyone who has found it in their brain already had it in a pretty advanced state elsewhere in their body as well.
    6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
    6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
    7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
    7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
    10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
    10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
    4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
    4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
    10/22/19: all clears up to this date!

Comment

I agree with biwi, I can't recall any case of seminoma 1A getting to the brain without showing up elsewhere first.As cancer survivors, it is natural to try to link any new problem to our cancer Dx, but that is not always the case. Your description sounds like a classic migraine to me. Certainly get your doc to check it out, but it would be very odd for it to be TC,
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
      X