Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 day v. 5 day 3xBEP

Hi,

Is anyone else doing the 3 day long week version of 3xBEP in the US? I know its commonly done in Europe and my oncologist wants to use it. Is there a reason why a 3 v. 5 day long week schedule is chosen?

thanks!

To my knowledge the 3-day regimen came from a study that was published in 2001, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11250991/ and while it is used more in the UK (which they do several things a bit different than the US, for different situations) it isn't really used in the US. I believe there is a bit more short-term GI toxicity and ototoxicity with the 3-day regimen but that is off the top of my head.

I suppose I would ask why the MD wants to use the 3-day and what data they have to back it up or logic behind it. Perhaps it is COVID related precautions, although we have a post about COVID and TC and the link in it to the AYA COVID site, doesn't even mention the 3-day regimen. https://testicularcancersociety.org/...r-and-covid-19

It never hurts to ask or ask the MD to get an expert opinion, if they are not one.

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Talked my local onc into the 5-day since its the standard. DFCI (my 2nd opinion) recommended that route.

Comment

Working...
      X