Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPLND vs 3 BEP Opinions please

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • acampbell1988
    started a topic RPLND vs 3 BEP Opinions please

    RPLND vs 3 BEP Opinions please

    Hello,

    Just joined and was hoping to get some opinions. I'm currently trying to decided between RPLND and 3xBEP below is my story

    1/14/21 - Lump noticed, misdiagnosed from GP as an infection
    2/25/21 - Right I/O, AFP 13.9, HCG 19.8, LDL - normal.... pathology indicates 75%EC, 10% Teratoma, 15% Yolk sac
    3/3/21 - CT scan clear, one spot on liver of interest
    4/12/21 - MRI clears liver, shows 2 lymph nodes, 1 common iliac 1.0cm and 1 paracoval 0.8cm. Blood shows all markers normal (AFP <2.6, HCG < 2.4, LDL normal)
    4/16/21 - Chest CT scan clear

    Interestingly enough my local hospital called the nodes 1.9 x 1.3 x 1.2cm and 1.3 x 1.2 x 0.9cm respectively and the Mayo called them 1.0 and 0.8cm. Anyone else have second opinions be this far off?

    Mayo initially recommended 3x BEP prior to their radiologist reviewing the MRI scan and once they reviewed it they think the nodes are borderline and are recommending RPLND. Is it worth asking them to wait a month and remeasure?


  • acampbell1988
    replied
    Ended up getting the RPLND with Dr. Leibovich last week on May 11th. Pathology came back that I only had the 2 nodes with cancer cells, 1 with 40%EC 60% immature teratoma and 1 90% immature teratoma 10% EC. Sounds like I made the right decision!

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike
    replied
    OK, so I am assuming that you saw Dr. Brad Leibovich for the RPLND consultation? If so, and he feel that RPLND is feasible, then I would trust his judgement but you an ask about re-assessing but may lose the option for RPLND if they increase in size or your markers rise.

    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • acampbell1988
    replied
    Yes, Rochester Mayo.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike
    replied
    Which Mayo? The one in Rochester, MN?

    It might not be unreasonable to wait but it may increase the risk for needing BEPx3 and for RPLND to be off the table. If your markers rise then RPLND should probably not be an option either.

    Mike

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X