X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cram
    started a topic Stories of reccurrence after PC-RPLND?

Stories of reccurrence after PC-RPLND?

Hi,

It's been awhile since I've posted on here or interacted. It's been 6 months since my PC-RPLND. I frankly wish I would have been on here to interact with others and help answer questions but I think I need to just focus on recovery and imagine moving on with more normal activities.

Well Ill cut to the point (no pun intended), I had my 6mo pelvis/abdomen CT scans plus blood work yesterday. Blood work seems normal; however, the radiologist notes a new 4cm x 3cm right RP/ right common iliac lymph node. Given that 5 of the lymph nodes that were pulled out during my RPLND were Teratoma. I'm wondering if they just missed one? Could this just be a lymphocele? Comparing this to the last scans, the mass looks identical to the other enlarged lymph nodes but it definitely was not there in the previous scans.

Has anyone else gone through this? (I'm sure the answer is yes)

Thanks in advance,
    Cameron

• TCfight
    replied
    Hi Cameron, my husband got lymphocel ( 300 ml) after his RPLND. He still has it after 1 and half year, his urolog expects it to resolve with time.. Did you hear from your urologist?

Wishing you the best!

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Definitely a difficult situation that sometimes is more of an art than a science. Definitely let us know what the urologist has to say. You are at a great facility so are in good hands. Unfortunately, sometimes it does take time to get a good clinical picture as to not risk rushing into things for borderline reasons. Will be interesting to see what the urologist thinks.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• cram
    replied
    To anyone else:

Have you experienced a lymphocele or Teratoma after a PC-RPLND for a right sided primary?

Leave a comment:

• cram
    replied
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply and hope you, your family and friends Are doing well these days.

I had my surgery at UCSF and it was open -- my surgeon is very highly regarded but things happen. Supposedly it was a bilateral template. I haven't spoken with my Urologist yet, were meeting later this week. My Oncologist said that it would be pretty unlikely that it would have been missed because of the field of view during surgery and that it wasn't on the September scans. He thought that it for it size it's pretty strange that it could have grown so quickly. Also, he thought that it would have been hard to miss as there are some clips from my RPLND visible nearby.

I had a right I/O, so yes it's on the same side as the right common iliac lymph node (if I understand the scans and direction properly).

While I haven't heard from my surgeon/Urologist my oncologist thought that we should call it a lymphocele (because of how large it is and the fact that it would have been hard to miss during surgery) although he did note the color was very similar to the other enlarged lymph nodes that I had pre-RPLND which the pathology showed contained Teratoma. This caveat is sort of hard to dismiss.

I think I'll just have to wait and see what my Urologist has to say, which likely means waiting a few more months to see what another scan reveals.
    Last edited by cram; 04-24-21, 10:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Hi Cameron,

Where did you have your PC-RPLND if you don't mind me asking and was it open or minimally invasive?

Is this the same side as the testicle that was removed? From my.understanding the common iliac nodes may be outside of the surgical template so not necessarily "missed" but in an area that would not have been planned for resection.

That is a fairly good size so. Have you heard from the surgeon yet?

Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X