Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surveillance/Metastatic Question

Hi all,
    Been in my own head quite a lot lately. I was diagnosed with testicular cancer in December of 2019. Had left orchiectomy a few days after diagnosis. Staging wise it was only 1B, so surveillance ended up being best option for treatment. So far, everything has gone well. I’m doing scans every 6 months and have one coming up this week.

With that said, for those who have had a reoccurrence or metastatic cancer, have you had any symptoms? I’ve been have some lower back pain/issues in my side between my ribs/hips that have been bothering me a few weeks now and it is definitely getting to me. Trying not to worry, but it’s a lot easier said than done. Please let me know your thoughts or experiences! Anything helps, just really would like to know if I should be worried or not!

Pain with TC is very rare, really only in cases with very large growths that press on nerves or organs/ Growths that large are unlikely in a 6 month period. There are lot's of reasons for back pain, rarely is it associated with tumors. Hope that helps.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
      Pain with TC is very rare, really only in cases with very large growths that press on nerves or organs/ Growths that large are unlikely in a 6 month period. There are lot's of reasons for back pain, rarely is it associated with tumors. Hope that helps.
      Thanks, it does help a little bit! I had my scans done today and my fingers are crossed. The side/back pain is still a little worrisome because I really can’t pinpoint it, but I’m just hoping for the best. I’ve tried looking online for things related to enlarged lymph nodes, but couldn’t find much in terms of symptoms. It’s honestly probably best I just stop searching all together haha!

I do a pretty good job not thinking about things, but when I know a scan is coming up my head just tends to go to a bad place. Does this ever get better or will it be in the back of my mind for a while?

Comment

How is your scan result?I’m also on surveillance and I do have the upper back pain after the surgery. However,I just had the surgery in March.
        03.01. 2021 ultrasonic examination detected mass
        03.11. 2021 "Highly suspected seminoma" by MRI report
        03.16. 2021 Left I/O
        03.26. 2021 Seminoma confirmed by pathology report.
        Surveillance...

Comment

Everybody is different, I've never had "scanxiety", but some never seem to get over it, there are many in between that it just takes a while. That said, there could be a real problem causing your pain, that is not cancer related, talk to your doc about it.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
          X